Pricing Injustice: L'Oreal Youth Code Day/Night Cream

L'Oreal is one of the pricier drugstore brands, so I don't use a lot of their products. Recently I was sent the L'Oreal Youth Code Day/Night Cream, a facial moisturizer. I have yet to try this product so I can't comment on how well it works, but I can comment on how overpriced it is. L'Oreal Youth Code Day/Night Cream contains just .5 fl oz (14 g). Yeah, only half an ounce, the size of a typical eye cream. The average retail price? $25! L'Oreal makes some big, boastful claims about this product, using words like "potent", "unique", and "luxurious" to describe it, but after quickly scanning the ingredients list, I don't see anything that justifies the use of those adjectives. So immediately I decided that this cream was really overpriced. But then I sat back and thought about it. I had just purchased Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream for $34. Benefit's cream contains the same amount of product, and is infused with a few more beneficial ingredients, and is meant for use on a more targeted area. L'Oreal's cream is meant to be applied "morning and night to the face and neck." I'm sure anyone would blow through this little jar of moisturizer in no time. Like, I just think its kinda bizarre that a skincare product from a high end brand like Benefit is a better value than a drugstore moisturizer. I don't know, maybe I'm ranting about nothing, but I feel like L'Oreal is really overcharging for their Youth Code Day/Night Cream. If I was going to drop more than $25 on a single skincare item, it wouldn't be for a tiny tub of moisturizer from any old drugstore brand.


the product featured in this post was sent to me in exchange for promoting a contest or event. 

3 comments

  1. This makes mawwy very cross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, for real? 25 Bucks? That is ridiculous, for that money I rather invest in some BLISS stuff.

    ReplyDelete