Avon Glow Bronzing Gel Review

 Avon's new Glow Bronzing Gel is a "lightweight, buildable bronzer that instantly gives you the look of a sunkissed tan." This innovative new product is promised to be stain and streak free. Avon offers two shades; Light Bronze and Deep Bronze, my review is featuring Light Bronze. This liquid bronzer contains 1 fl oz (30ml), the same amount in a standard foundation. The full price for the Glow Bronzing Gel will be $11, but it's currrently available for $4.99, which is how much I paid for it. Avon products are available for purchase via the brand's website, or your local Avon representative. Avon products technically aren't tested on animals, but the brand recently expanded to China, where their products may be tested. This bronzer was made in America.

 Avon's Glow Bronzing Gel came in a bronze cardboard box featuring the product name, application tips, and a full ingredient list. The product it's self comes in a very long squeeze tube featuring the same information and color scheme as the box. Unscrewing the tube's cap reveals a needle nose applicator. While I like the design of the packaging, its visually appealing and functional to use, but man is a pain in the butt to store in my blush/bronzer drawer. A big tube just doesn't mesh with a bunch of compacts.
 I really wasn't sure what to expect from Avon's Glow Bronzing Gel. I'm still trying to master traditional powder bronzers, but I've never seen an affordable gel/liquid bronzer, so I decided to snatch it while it was still at it's introductory price. I wouldn't call this bronzer a gel as much as a thin cream. The shade looks pretty day when first squeezed out, not gonna lie it was kinda intimidating. Fear not though, this brozner blends out beautifully. I buff Avon's Glow Bronzing Gel out with an angled kabuki and it ends up with a really natural, skin like finish. Avon's Glow Bronzing Gel is the most natural looking bronzer I've ever used, mainly because of the perfectly blended finish, but also because of the color. Some makeup lovers hate on bronzers with a reddish or orange undertone, but I feel like those are the most natural if applied correctly. I don't know about you, but my skin doesn't turn tan or brown when I've been out in the skin, it turns a little reddish, almost the exact color of Light Bronze. Glow Bronzing Gel has a small amount of gold shimmer in it when blended out. These shimmer particles don't provide a sparkly look, thankfully, but more of a subtle luminosity. Avon's Glow Bronzing Gel has a slight coconut/sunscreen scent that I don't notice unless I sniff it out of the tube.
Avon's Glow Bronzing Gel is really good! My only complaint is that its kinda hard for me to store. I was a little nervous about this product, but now I reach for it pretty often. Avon's Glow Bronzing Gel has bumped Benefit's Hoola out of the spot for #1 Bronzer in my collection. The finish and color of Light Bronze is perfect for my very light skin. The price is pretty reasonable considering how much product you get and how long the tube will last. I'm going to grab another tube of Glow Bronzing Gel before the price goes up. Hopefully Avon adds this product to their permanent line up. 



Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Fragrance

May Contain:
Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Carmine 

2 comments

  1. I use Avon Glow, gel bronzant. Very nice, blends so easily. I've never built up on it. I just cover once. Will try covering more times, see what I get. Will get back.

    ReplyDelete