Fruits&Passion Grapefruit Guava Body Cream Review

 Fruits&Passion is a Canadian bath and body brand that's pretty new to me, I hadn't heard of it before my friend Stephanie offered to send me a couple of their products in a swap. Fruits&Passion calls their Body Cream a "true delight for the senses, this rich cream contains sweet almond oil and blackberry leaf extract which boast moisturizing and softening properties. It's fresh, fruit Grapefruit Guava fragrance will envelop you in it's exquisite aroma throughout the entire day. An ideal match for our Grapefruit Guava Eau de Fruits, this body cream helps your fragrance last longer. A true rising star, this fragrance is sparkling, radiant, and delectable". I received a 8.4fl oz (250 ml) bottle of this lotion in my swap with Stephanie. I'm unsure of the exact retail price for this product, I believe its between $12-14, which is a higher price point than than BBW lotions, so I consider it a bit more of a luxury product. It appears as though Fruits&Passion is discontinuing this product, so if you've been interested, now is the time to buy. Fruits&Passion products are not tested on animals. This lotion was made in Canada. Fruits&Passion products are available through the brands website, at Fruits&Passion stores, and a variety of etailers like soap.com

 I really like the packaging for Fruits&Passion Grapefruit Guava Body Cream, its so pretty. This lotion comes in a clear, round, recyclable bottle with a very convenient pump. This pump is so great, I plan to keep the bottle even after I finish this body cream and refill  it with other lotions. A pink label wraps around the bottle and features the Fruits&Passion logo, the scent name, a full ingredient list and description, and images of fresh fruits in a market. I just really like the shape of the bottle and the design of the label, I like to leave this lotion out on the bathroom sink, it just looks nice.
 Fruits&Passion's Body Cream formula feels a little more expensive than the lotions I'm used to. I barely need any, one small pump is enough for one leg, for example. The formula is on the thinner side and sinks in extremely quick. I don't feel like Fruits&Passion's Body Cream is extremely moisturizing, it wouldn't be ideal for those with dry skin, but its a good formula if you have healthy skin you want to maintain and keep soft. The moisture seems to last a whole day or maybe longer.
 The scent of Fruits&Passion Grapefruit Guava is pleasant an soft, it definitely smells more high end than the cheaper bath and body brands I use like Avon and BBW. Somehow Fruits&Passion managed to capture both grapefruit and guava without making this scent too sweet or fruity, it actually has a perfumey qualtiy to it without being obnoxious or overpowering. Fruits&Passion claims that their scents will linger on your skin all day long, but that simply isn't true, at  least not in the case of Grapefruit Guava. The scent is just so light, I can barely pick it up after a few minutes. If you really love the Grapefruit Guava scent and want it to lat, you'll need to layer.
I really like Fruits&Passion's Grapefruit Guava Body Cream. The quality and packaging are nice, and kinda fancy. The fragrance is very soft but still true to the fruits that describe it. This lotion really is best for those with normal skin. This isn't a lotion I would purchase for myself, but it would be a great gift to both give and receive. I do recommend Fruits&Passion's Body Creams if you want to splurge on a light lotion. 


Ingredients:
Water, Gylceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Octydodecanol, Sweet Almond Oil Cetereth 12 Phenoxylethanol, Fragrance, Cornflower Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Palmitate, Cocoglycerides, Tocopherol, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Carbomer, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Butylphenyl Methylpropinol, Limonene, Linalool, Hydroxyisohexyl 2 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Red 4, Red 33 

1 comment