Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner Review

 Avon may not have much to say about their Ultra Luxury Eyeliners, but I do! Avon offers a brief, basic description of this classic pencil liner, merely stating that it has a "Powdery feel, easy application. Precise pencil sharpens to a fine point. Won't tug or pull." I reviewed this eyeliner before, when my blog was new, but I decided it needed to be revisited. Avon offers a total of six shades, this review is for Black. Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliners contain .04 oz (1.14g) and sell for $6 a piece, but they're almost always on sale, sometimes for as low as .99c. These eyeliners are made in the Czech Republic. Avon doesn't not test on animals, except in their Chinese market. Avon products can be purchased online, or ordered through your local representative.

 Packaging for these eyeliner isn't really anything to go in-depth about. This is a traditional pencil, so it needs to be sharpened. The pencil is made of wood and has a black coating. The product name, Avon logo, and some company info are printed on the pencil in silver lettering. The cap is made of black plastic and is prety sturdy. I don't like the wood this pencil is made of, it can get a little splintery, and who wants that near their eye?
 Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner is one of my favorite eyeliners, and one of the brand's best sellers. Need proof? I go through two or three of these pencils a year! I sharpen them down to nearly unusable little nubs. While Avon's Ultra Luxury pencils don't glide on quite as easily as the brand's Mega Impact eyeliners or NYX's Slide On pencils, they're unmatched when it comes to smoothness. This pencil has an amazing velvety finish - I guess they're called Ultra Luxury for a reason! This liner is very easy to work with, it never tugs and is soft enough to use on the waterline and tightline. Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliners have great pigmentation and is a deep, opaque, matte black. All you need is one stroke for intense color. If you love the smudgy liner look, this is the pencil for you, it smudges and smokes out beautifully. This eyeliner sets after about 45 seconds. I find that Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner wears a little too well, at least on the lash line. I get all day wear and then some, I have a hard time removing this liner, it seems to really adhere to the roots of my lashes. I tend to alternate between Avon's Ultra Luxury and Mega Impact for my waterline, and I gotta admit I much prefer the Mega Impact for this use. The Ultra Luxury Eyeliner tends to transfer from my tightline to the waterline, and migrate into my inner corners. I've found a way to make this eyeliner last longer than 2-3 hours on the waterline, but it involves a second product so lets not get into that.
I really enjoy Avon's Ultra Luxury Eyeliner in Black and I have for several years. I'll likely repurchase it many more times. This eyeliner is a super smooth texture and rich dark color payoff. This isn't the best eyeliner for the waterline, it works decently but it functions better on the lash line. Avon really knows how do to a good eyeliner (except their Kohl, that was awful!). I definitely recommend this eyeliner, and best of all you can always get it for a steal. 

Ingredients:
ETHYLHEXYL ISOSTEARATE POLYMETHYL METHACRYLATE NEOPENTYL GLYCOL DIETHYLHEXANOATE COPERNICIA CERIFERA (CARNAUBA) WAX/CIRE DE CARNAUBA EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX/CIRE DE CANDELILLA BORON NITRIDE CERESIN PARAFFIN SILICA TOCOPHEROL ASCORBYL PALMITATE 

May Contain:
IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA MANGANESE VIOLET ULTRAMARINES CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS BLACK 2 FERRIC FERROCYANIDE YELLOW 5 LAKE ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 LAKE CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 LAKE ZINC OXIDE

4 comments

  1. I didn't see the tiny little liner nub the first time I looked at the photo! Holy crap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get every last use out of it I can! It barely peeks out of the cap when it's that small.

      Delete
  2. *draws you a picture with it* n.n

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... it's wonderfull..
    like this, nice review...
    :)

    ReplyDelete