Big Sexy Hair Spray&Play Hairspray Review

 Big Sexy Hair's Spray&Play hairspray is probably the brand's most famous product; I'd go as far as to call it a cult classic. I've never found a hairspray that really worked well for me, not that I've tried many. I've had my eye on Big Sexy Hair's hair spray for a while, but it always sells out when Ulta offers it on sale. Sexy Hair says their Spray&Play is a "flexible, working hairspray that gives incredible volume, lift, and shine. Its anti-humidity formula delivers medium hold and is great for everyday use. Its perfect for all hair types." I was extremely pleased to receive a travel sized 50ml bottle in an Ipsy bag. This mini bottle has a retail value of $6, the full size sells for $17.50 for 300ml (10.6 oz), which is kinda expensive. This hair spray has won multiple awards. Sexy Hair products are internationally available, in the US its most easily available in Ulta, beauty suppliers, and some salons. Sexy Hair does not test on animals. This hairspray was made in Mexico.

 Sexy Hair has great packaging. Everything the brand puts out looks gorgeous - I think everyone can agree on that. Big Sexy Hair's Spray&Play hairspray comes in a metallic red metal can topped by a black plastic cap. The Big Sexy Hair logo is written down the side of the bottle in black and silver The product name is found on the front of the can. The back of the bottle is loaded with lots of info and such small text that I can't even read it to give you the gist of what it says. Popping off the cap reveals a very nice spraying mechanism, it puts out an even application of product.

 Big Sexy Hair's Spray&Play hairspray is definitely a new favorite! I don't use hairspray except on my work days. I just never do anything with my hair, I can't be bothered, but when I'm at work I wear my hair in a braid or bun. My hair has a mind of it's own, it doesn't like to cooperate, so it can be difficult to keep from coming undone. That's where Big Sexy Hair's hairspray comes into play. I spritz my hair before and after braiding/bunning and this hair spray keeps just about every hair in place, keeping it out of my face, and more importantly, out of the customers' food. While I can't speak for the lift and volume this hairspray promises, I can confirm the claims of medium hold and flexibility. My hair still feels like soft, natural, unstyled hair when I used Spray&Play. After taking my braid or bun out at the end of the day, my hair still moves and feels like it doesn't have any styling products in it. Big Sexy Hair Spray&Play's hold lasts all day and isn't effected by heat, humidity, grease, or sweat; yet it washes out easily. The hair spray doesn't seem to damage my hair or henna hair color. The only real downside I see in Spray&Play is that it smells chemically and unpleasant. Luckily it doesn't last.

I kinda love Big Sexy Hair's Spray&Play hair spray. I've actually blown through this little can pretty fast. I'm unsure if I'll buy another little can or splurge on a larger bottle, but I need this hairspray in my life. Its prefect for my work days, it keeps my hair in place without making it hard as a rock or heavy. I can't ask for more from a styling product. Honestly it seems silly to pay more than a few bucks for a can of hairspray, but I think the large bottle would last me quite some time. I don't know, its really something I need to consider. If you don't mind paying more for hairspray, I definitely recommend Big Sexy Hair's Spray&Play hairspray, it delivers the perfect combination of hold and softness. Good stuff. 



Ingredients:
SD Alcohol 40 (Alcohol Denat.), Hydrofluorocarbon 152a, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Triethyl Citrate, Fragrance/Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Linalool, Pentaerythrityl etracaprylate/ Tetracaprate, AMP-Isostearoyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate.

7 comments

  1. I love this stuff! I don't do my hair often but when I do I go for this goodness lol I'd buy the full size Bc I'll assume it's a better buy (but I guess doing the math wouldn't be a bad idea) lol but I'd check tj maxx out Bc I know mine has a lot of hair care and sometimes they have this line :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buying the full size bottle you pay like $3ish less per ounce, so it's by far the better deal. Thanks for the tip about TJ Maxx!

      Delete
    2. Yep I second the TJMaxx suggestion! That or Ross or Marshalls. I've seen full size bottles for around $10 or less!

      Delete
    3. Wow really? =D I'm gonna look asap.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete