Why Do They Discontinue The Good Stuff? A Bath&BodyWorks Supercharged Body Scrub Review

 Sometimes it seems like Bath&BodyWorks discontinues and reformulates their best scents and products. That can definitely be said about their Supercharged Body Scrub, which I believe has been reformulated into the Glowing Body Scrub. Bath&BodyWorks says that their Supercharged Body Scrubs "helps smooth and refresh skin with a visible foaming action so you can feel it working. Enriched with nourishing Vitamin E, moisturizing jojoba oil, and soothing aloe, this invigorating formula helps skin looks radiant and feel super smooth." This line of scrubs had a very small scent selection, I only saw four; Coconut Lime Breeze, Country Chic, White Citrus, and the scent I chose; Sea Island Cotton. I bought my tube during the Semi Annual Sale for just $7. That may not sound like the best sale price, but this product normally retails for $14. You get a ton of product, 9.5oz (270g). This and all Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and made in the USA.
 Packaging is pretty nice! A squeeze tube (yay!) with a clear flip top cap. The top half of the tube features a few cotton buds blowing in the wind. The bottom half is translucent and shows the product. Flip the tube around and you'll find a product description, scent description, and a full ingredient list. Its easy to squeeze out just the right amount of product. Very good packaging, make my proud Bath&BodyWorks.
I love this scrub's texture. Definitely the best I've tried so far. Bath&BodyWorks' Supercharged Body Scrub is a sugar based scrub and has a thicker consistency than most I've used. The scrub is a beautiful blue, which makes me happy. This is just about my favorite shade of blue, not that they color should matter. Anyway, I've been using this scrub every two days since I bought it. I use about a quarter sized dollop on each leg and on my chest, and a nickle sized bit for my arms. This scrub spreads out nicely and doesn't need to be to rubbed onto the skin roughly. Supercharged Body Scrub lathers just a little bit as you rub it in. This scrub rinses cleanly and leaves my skin feeling soft and silky smooth. That super smooth feeling lasts at least a day if not two. What I really love about the Supercharged Body Scrub is that I feel like I need to shave my legs far less often that I used to. That's a total bonus. 
 Sea Island Cotton is described as a "clean scent inspired by pure white cotton flowing in fresh ocean air". Not really my style, but nice. It reminds me of the kind of scent my Mum wears, so it's comforting. Sea Island Cotton is a very clean, almost soapy scent, normally it's quite light, but in the case of the body scrub, it imparts a surprising amount of fragrance onto the skin.
I really love Bath&BodyWorks Supercharged Body Scrub. It's packaging is great, functional and cute. You get a load of product, but for a bit of a hefty price tag. I wouldn't pay $14 for any body scrub, ever. I'd definitely need a coupon to justify the purchase. I'm sad that this product is discontinued. The formula is great, it didn't need to be tweaked or anything. I'll be keeping an eye out for these during the next Semi Annual Sale and so should you. If you're out there Bath&BodyWorks, listening to a little blogger like me, please stop discontinuing the good stuff! 

Ingredients:
Sucrose, Propylene Glycol, Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Hydrated Silica, Fragrance, Cocoamide MEA, Sodium Cocoamphopropionate, Aloe, Jojoba Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, PPG-12-Buteth 12, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Isopropyl Alcohol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Disodium EDTA, BHT, DMDM Hydatonin, Benzyl Benzoate, Citronellol, Coumarin, Blue 1, Ext Violet 2. 

1 comment