Olay Complete All Day SPF 15 Moisturizer Review

 Olay's Complete All Day Moisturizer is a product that I'm very familiar with, I've been using it on and off for about six years. This moisturizer is available in four varieties, I have the one for normal skin. Olay promises that this product will "condition and help prevent premature skin aging, when used as directed, with broad spectrum SPF UVA/UVB sunscreen, antioxidants, and vitamins E, B3, and C. This moisturizer is oil free, dermatologist tested, and non-comedogemic. I've been switching between Olay's Complete and Beauty Fluid moisturizers, depending on what's cheaper, seasons, etc. I was sent this full size 4fl oz bottle of Olay's Complete Moisturizer by Free Beauty Events in exchange for promoting their monthly giveaways, but I've also purchased this product multiple times with my own money. This moisturizer retails for between $7-11, I believe I pay about $9 for it usually. Unfortunately, Olay does test on animals. Olay does not publish where their products are made.
 Olay's Complete Moisturizer comes in a cardboard box that offers lots of product info. I think the box was recently redesigned, if so, kudos Olay, it looks nice! The back of the box lists off a couple quick claims. The side of the box offers this product's "drug facts". Don't be put off by your moisturizer having "drug facts", because this product contains SPF agents, it's government mandated to be packaged this way. A full list of active and inactive ingredients can be found, along with directions. Open up the box and you'll find a white, plastic, rectangular, recyclable bottle with a black screw on cap. The shape is exactly the same as the Beauty Fluid bottle. This bottle has a small hole for dispensing product, which I don't find to be ideal. It's pretty easy to pour out too much product, and the hole clogs up if you're lazy about putting the cap back on like I am. The back of the bottle offers most of the same info as the box.
 This moisturizer looks like straight up sunscreen. It's white and on the thicker side. Though it seems to be a little thick when first squeezed out, but it smooths out over the skin in a thin layer. This moisturizer sinks in quickly, but not so fast that you don't feel that it fully hydrates your skin. This is a very comfortable, lotion like moisturizer, it's really pleasant to use. After it's fully sunken in, this moisturizer leaves my skin extremely soft and feeling satisfying hydrated without any greasiness. Olay's Complete Moisturizer promises 8 hour moisture, and I think that's a legit claim. This moisturizer gives me practically white skin a slight, even whiter cast that's pretty noticeable. I can't even imagine what it'd look like on someone with darker skin. The white cast isn't visible anymore after I apply my face makeup, but I'm sure it would reappear if someone were to take a flash photo of me (please don't). This moisturizer is very lightly fragranced, it's the very last ingredient on the list. The scent is very sunscreen-y in nature, which I personally enjoy.
 How effective is this moisturizer's SPF? Not that I spend much, if any, time outdoors, but I haven't had any facial sunburns while wearing this moisturizer that I recall. This stuff even does the trick in the harsh Australian sun. As far as I can tell the sun protection even lasts through water exposure, I've worn it to the pool, the beach, Kennywood, Warped Tour, and other wet-type activities - sunburn free! That's coming from someone who is very fair and burns super easily. By the way, if you want/need to know the specific sun blocking ingredients, here they are: Avobenzone (3%), Homosalate (3%), Octisalate (5%), and Octocrylene (2.6%). If you want more than SPF 15, Olay also offers a SPF 30 version that I have not tried.
I have yet to be disappointed by an Olay product! I used to prefer Beauty Fluid, but I think I may be leaning in favor of Complete nowadays! This moisturizer hydrates my skin thoroughly without breaking me out, and  it sinks in impressively fast for it's semi-thick texture. The sun protection Olay Complete provides is more than adequate for my needs. This isn't a perfect moisturizer, it does give a white cast, so avoid it if you plan to be photographed. I'll definitely purchase this moisturizer again, I'll probably continue to switch between this and Beauty Fluid, maybe I'll even use them in conjunction! I recommend Olay's Complete Moisturizer; it's affordable, effective, protective, and an overall solid product! 

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Glycerin, Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 60, Dimethiconol, Peg-4 Laurate, Peg-4 Dilaurate, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Peg-4, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Glucoside, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ascorbic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Behenyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium Edta, Peg-100 Stearate, Fragrance.

7 comments

  1. I'll take it with me to the beach :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this too! Niacinamide is awesome at fading scars :)
    <3, Mel
    beautytribune.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following you via Monday blog hop :)
    http://www.soulystones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is this a body moisturizer or is it more targeted to the face? =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Targeted to the face, but you can use it on the body. I personally use it on my face, neck, and sometimes chest.

      Delete