Hard Candy Take It Off Makeup Remover Review

 Hard Candy Take it Off is supposedly the "ultimate makeup remover that easily wipes away stubborn waterproof and 24 hour makeup without leaving any greasy residue. Take it Off removes glitter and waterproof eye makeup and bold colors. So go ahead and makeup..then Take it Off!". If you recall, I absolutely adored Hard Candy's Take it Off Makeup Remover Wipes, so I was fully expecting to like this product. I have yet to find a makeup remover that really works for me, plus Hard Candy was the last brand I ever thought to try a makeup remover from. I got a 1fl oz (30ml) sample size of Take it Off in Hard Candy's Ultimate Essentials Kit, which was $8. The full size contains at least twice as much product and retails for just $5. Hard Candy, a former high end brand, is now sold exclusively at Walmart. Hard Candy does not test on animals. This eye makeup remover was made in the USA.
 Packaging for this mini makeup remover is just the same as the full size. This skincare goody comes in a white squeeze tube with a flat, black, flip top cap, so it stands upright. The front of the tube features the Hard Candy logo and tattoo-y design, along with the name of the product, written in black letters against a pink splatter design. The back of the tube has a description of the product in English and French, along with some company info. The packaging isn't as cute as most Hard Candy products, but it's in a squeeze tube, therefore it is awesome and functional.
 Take It Off is a lotion style makeup remover. I used Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover for at least 5 years, and Hard Candy's makeup remover is actually identical in texture. This stuff is obviously creamy and lotion like in texture, thin in consistency, and white in color. Take it Off is fragrance free. I smother a small amount of this product over my moistened eye area  and gently run it in to help dissolve the makeup. This product rinses cleanly. Unfortunately this makeup remover isn't very effective. Hard Candy's Take it Off is very gentle and little bit moisturizing (this stuff contains aloe and coconut oil), which is great, but it doesn't benefit my skin enough for me to want to continue using this makeup remover. Take it Off only takes off 1/2 to 2/3 of my eye makeup. My eyeshadow gets removed, and a portion of my eyeliner and mascara, leaving behind enough that I still need to use a neato little tool like Almay's Makeup Eraser Sticks to help me get my eye area makeup-free.
Ugh. Hard Candy Take it Off Makeup Remover. Why? You are so gentle and easy to use and cheap and convenient. Why can't you just work? I feel like that's always the problem with lotion makeup removers, they're great in theory, but only kinda work. So the quest continues for a makeup remover that really works for me. I don't recommend Hard Candy's Take it Off Makeup Remover unless you only wear a little bit of makeup on a daily basis. This isn't an awful makeup remover, it just doesn't meet my personal needs. It migh be a good choice for you if you have sensitive skin, but stick to the matching wipes otherwise. Still, I won't be repurchasing this eye makeup remover, but I will finish it off. 

Ingredients:
Water, Isododecane, Methylheptyl Isostearate, Isononyl Isononanate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Aloe, Polyacrylamide, Coconut Oil, Sucrose Stearate, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Macadamia Seed Oil, Tocopherol Acetate, Cranberry Fruit Extract, Laureth 7, Retinyl Palmitate, Isostearic Acid 

1 comment