Black Eyeliner Swatches

I just reviewed Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Zero, I felt underwhelmed in a way. It's a good eyeliner, but I found it comparable to several of the drugstore liners I own. I swatched them all, for comparison. You can click any of the photos to enlarge for a closer look at the texture or shade.  Each swatch is two passes over bare skin.

ELF Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil - Black Bandit
 Sephora Nano Eye Pencil - Midnight Black
 Avon Ultra Luxury Eyeliner - Black
 Models Prefer Eyeliner - Onyx
Avon Glimmersticks - Blackest Black
Covergirl LiquiLine Blast - Black Fire 

The individual swatch of Covergirl's Liquiline Blast didn't turn out well, so here is a better photo next to UD's 24/7 Pencil. I find them extremely similar in texture and color. 



10 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Me too! It's my second favorite, after the unfortunately discontinued Mega Impact. I've gone through like 6 Ultra Luxury pencils over the years.

      Delete
  2. It looks like Avon's the best! Do they stay put on the waterline? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mega Impact lasts all day, Ultra Luxury lasts fairly well, Glimmerstick sucks.

      Delete
  3. So out of all of these, which one is your absolute favorite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avon Mega Impact, but it was discontinued recently, so I'll have to settle for their Ultra Luxury pencil. None of them are bad though.

      Delete
  4. I have a cheap $1 Ultra sharpener that absolutely tore the UD 24/7 pencil to shreds. I've never had a problem with this sharpener on any other pencil just this one. I also found it to be very smudge and never seem to set!

     http://www.boston-princess.blogspot.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a sharpener that really jacked up my Sephora Nano pencil, which sucks cause its pretty great D:

      Delete
  5. I'm wondering if the lighting was wonky when you took the picture for Black Bean because mine is pitch black! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, mine is pitch black too if I apply it in a thicker layer.

      Delete