Jane Sparkle Pink Sparkle Gloss Review

 Jane is a brand most of us over 18 will remember. My very first eyeshadow was one of Jane's Eye Zings. This brand seemed to drop off the face of the Earth, or at least off the face of the drugstore about five years ago. They kinda popped up on the radar again a couple months ago when Ipsy sent out one of their new Sparkle Glosses in September's bag. The buzz didn't last long, I don't see any bloggers talking about the brand, nor have I seen Jane at any of the drugstores I frequent. Frankly I don't think they're doing so well since they've relaunched. Previously, each Sparkle Gloss was selling for $9.99, now they're selling a full size trio for the same price. Each Sparkle Gloss contains .2fl oz (6ml), making them practically mini sized. Jane says that their Sparkle Glosses have a "moisture rich, vitamin e infused formula". The net proceeds of each Jane purchase goes to an organization geared towards the empowerment of women. I believe there are twelve shades of Sparkle Gloss, I have Sparkle Pink, which was the only color sent out to Ipsy subscribers. Jane is a cruelty free company. This lip gloss was made in China. As far as I can tell, Jane Cosmetics can only be bough on the brand's website. They have a "Where Can I Buy Jane" section in their FAQ, but it comes up empty for me. 
 
Packaging is pretty nice. A clear squeeze tube with a black twist on cap. Removing the cap reveals a slant tip applicator that dispenses product well, but doesn't really spread it evenly. The Jane logo and product name can be found on the front of the tube in white lettering. The shade name and company info can be found on the back. This lip gloss tube is quite small, making it purse and pocket friendly, but I tend to lose it easily. Like that's why it took me so long to review this gloss, it kept disappearing. 
 Jane Sparkle Gloss in Sparkle Oink is a bright fuchsia pink with some pink micro shimmer in it. This gloss isn't anywhere near as sparkly as the name would imply . This gloss is very pigmented and can go on quite opaque or be sheered out, depending on how much you choose to use. I like to wear this gloss somewhere between sheer and opaque, and only need to use the littlest dot of gloss. I really like the color of this gloss, its bright but not overly bold, it compliments my coloring well. Sparkle Pink will be a great color to wear year round.
 The formula of Jane's Sparkle Gloss is on the better end of average. It's a little thick and slightly sticky, but not uncomfortably so. This gloss feels smooth and fairly moisturizing on the lips, a very pleasant gloss to wear. Because Sparkle Gloss is a little bit sticky, it wears for a far amount of time, I tend to get about two hours of wear, even through talking and drinking. I wear this gloss to work a lot because it doesn't budge no matter how much talking, or lets me honest, yelling, I do. Jane's Sparkle Glosses have a strong vanilla baked good scent, but virtually no flavor.
All up I like Jane's Sparkle Gloss in Sparkle Pink. Its nice, but nothing special. Would I pay $10 for just 6ml? Hell no. I'm curious about trying more of the new Jane products, but I can't find them in store and I'd rather not order online. Idk, maybe I'll contact their PR Department, its not like I see a lot of other bloggers talking about them. I don't know why there hasn't been much buzz about the brand's relaunch.  I hope things improve for Jane, they're a good company that holds sentimental value to me. I wouldn't purchase a single Sparkle Gloss again, but I would consider one of the trios, and I think you should too. 

Ingredients:
POLYBUTENE, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, TRIISOSTEARYL CITRATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ETHYLENE/PROPYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, BUTYLENE/ETHYLENE/STYRENE COPOLYMER, MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX (MICROCRISTALLINA CERA), SILICA DIMETHYL SILYLATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, AROMA (FLAVOR), ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, POLYTHYLENE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE. 

May Contain;
MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), RED 6 (CI 15850), RED 7 (CI 15850), RED 21 LAKE (CI 45380), RED 28 LAKE (CI 45410), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

3 comments

  1. That is definitely a lip gloss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like their products, but I am too having trouble locating them.

    http://www.boston-princess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks nice :) I think I heard you can get them at nordstrom...but I don't have one :/

    ReplyDelete