Lush Ocean Salt Scrub Review

 Lush's Ocean Salt is a salt scrub for face and body. This exfoliator is made up of fine and coarse sea salt, avocado butter and coconut fat to hydrate, and natural antiseptics like lime juice and vodka to help with acne, blemishes, and blocked pores. Lush says that this scrub is suited for all skin types but is most beneficial for those of us with combo to oily skin. Lush also warns that the salt and citrus in this scrub may be too strong for people with sensitive skin. If you're looking for heavy duty exfoliation from Lush, this product is your best bet, Lush defines it as their "most exfoliating cleanser". I wouldn't even call this a cleanser. I got a little sample of this scrub at the Lush in Macy's in downtown Pittsburgh. This product is available in two sizes; 4.2oz for $21.95, or 8.8oz for $35.95. Not cheap. I believe this product was made in Canada, but I'm not fully sure. Lush is a cruelty free company.

Ocean Salt  comes in a black plastic tub with a screw on lid. The name of the product and a description can be found on the front of the jar. Because it's a black pot, its included in Lush's awesome recycling program. Bringing in 6 empty black pots earns you a free Fresh Face Mask of your choosing. A few facts about the product are listed on the side, along with a full ingredient list and a made by sticker. If you've ever seen anything from Lush before it won't excite you, it all looks the same.
 Ocean Salt is a pretty bright blue and white scrub with a viscous but thin consistency. The main component of Ocean Salt is, not surprisingly, sea salt. The granules vary in size, some miniscule, others quite large. The salt feels really abrasive at first, but the longer you rub the product into your damp skin, the granules get smaller and smaller to the point that they've melted completely away. That's when you know to rinse. Rinsing is no trouble at all, considering most of the product has melted. If you have any fresh acne or other boo boos, Ocean Salt will burn on contact, pretty bad, I speak from experience. And common sense, you know the phrase putting salt in the wound or whatevz. Aside from the terrible, debilitatingly painful burning of getting this stuff on open wounds, Ocean Salt feels pretty calming on the skin. This is actually a pretty mild scrub too, I've been using it every morning with the rest of my normal skin care routine with no irritation.
 I've been experiencing some intense acne issues, especially on my chin, and Ocean Salt is really helping me out. The acne is still there, but it's starting to clear up since I integrated Ocean Salt into my morning regimen. I totally believe that it has anti-septic qualities, and is keeping my pimples clean. Aside from helping to heal my disgusting chin acne, this scrub has given me a much softer, smoother complexion. My skin feels happy. Ocean Salt also has also completely removed the a random rough patch on my forehead. Like just this little sample has worked miracles for me. I never expected results like this.
 I know I haven't mentioned much about how this product works on the body, that's because I've only used it on my body once, mainly because I was given such a small amount. From what I recall of the one time I used it on my legs and chest, the scrub was nice on the skin, but I prefer something a little more coarse on the body. I think I'll restrict this product to "face only" use, but its totally a matter of personal preference. You know what isn't a matter of preference? The scent. You have to love the way Ocean Salt smells. Clearly, it's a salty, minerally, somewhat oceanic scent, but you can definitely pick up the lemon juice and a slight boozy quality from the vodka. There's just something really refreshing but calming about the scent of Ocean Salt. I really like marine type scents, that probably has something to do with it.
I kinda love Lush's Ocean Salt scrub. Its worked wonders for my recently problematic skin. My disaster area of a chin is clearing up and my forehead is much smoother. Overall my skin seems to really be benefiting from this sea salt scrub. I'm going to be so sad when this sample whens out. Hopefully I'll be about to invest in a full size of this scrub sometime. Even if this scrub wasn't a miracle product (which it really is), I would still like it just because it's pretty to look at and it smells nice. I do agree with Lush that it probably shouldn't be used on sensitive skin, but if you have combo, somewhat acne prone skin, you need Ocean Salt in your life. Next time you go into Lush, ask for a demo of this wonderful product, and don't forget to request a sample.

Ingredients:
Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Fresh Grapefruit Infusion (Citrus grandis) , Coarse Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride) , Stearic Acid , Fresh Lime Extracted in Vodka (Citrus aurantifolia) , Sodium Cocoamphoacetate , Glycol Cetearate , Triethanolamine , Fresh Avocado Butter (Persea gratissima) , Coconut Fat (Cocos nucifera) , Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia) , Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus) , Violet Leaf Absolute (Viola odorata) , Glycerine , Lanolin , Cetearyl Alcohol , *Limonene , *Linalool , Perfume , FD&C Blue No. 1 , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

3 comments

  1. This shit is mah jam! LUSH really knows how to make exfoliators. :3 I just got a sample of Dark Angels with my Fun Party order and it's a bit coarse... but I got some of the most fantastic results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this isn't what I thought it was! But now I want to try it out :o

    ReplyDelete