Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream Review

 Benefit's It's Potent! Eye Cream is part of their relatively new B.right Radiant Skin Care line. Benefit calls this product a "brightening eye cream to fade dark circles". This is my first eye cream, I haven't felt the need to use one before, seeing as I'm only twenty but I guess its never too soon to start. Benefit warns that "your eyes can't keep a secret, they're the first to show signs of age and stress", but fear not, It's Potent! "fade dark circles and helps smooth fine lines for  brighter, younger looking eyes. Contains a peptide complex known to help restore elasticity and firmness, a blend of botanical extracts including apple extract known to help boost collagen and loquat extract known to help protect the skin from free radical damage." Big claims, just like every eye cream makes. I got a very tiny jar in Benefit's Sexy Stowaways value kit. The full size jar sells for $32 for 14.2g (.5oz). My small jar contains just 3g (.1oz) which has a value of about $6.75. This eye cream was made in France. Benefit does not test on animals. Benefit products can be bought on the brand's website, department stores with Benefit counters, and Ulta and Sephora (as well as their respective websites).
 My mini jar of It's Potent! is pretty cute, its like..American Girl doll sized. Packaging is pretty similar to the full size's. The jar is made of translucent aqua colored glass with the some textured bumps on the side.  The jar is topped off by a beige screw on cap with the name of the product on top, along with the Benefit logo. The packaging has a very vintage look to it. A small amount of product info can be found on the bottom of the jar. Definitely liking the look of the packaging, though I prefer my skin care products to be in squeeze or pump tubes/bottles, mainly because I feel like I go through jarred products faster. The full size of It's Potent! comes in a box, and has a cork designed cap, but is pretty similar to the mini version.
 It's Potent! is a beige, thick, creamy eye cream. This eye cream has a faint wine like scent. This eye cream feels very nice on the eyelid, it gives a bit of a cooling feel and sinks in quite quickly. I only need a little bit of It's Potent! for each eye. I've been using Benefit's eye cream for about two weeks, usually just a night, but sometimes during the day as well. I didn't expect much from It's Potent!, mainly because its poorly rated on Makeup Alley and I've read some pretty negative reviews of it on other blogs. My expectations were really low, so I was really surprised when I started seeing results in about three days. I have moderate dark circles and they're still there but they're diminished. I don't really have any significant wrinkles but I had a couple fine lines, nothing major. I feel like It's Potent! reduced them a bit, not a lot, no one else would probably notice but it's enough for me to see. I don't notice any new firmness, but my eyelids aren't loose at all. On top of the brightening effect and reduction of fine lines, Benefit's It's Potent! delivers just the right amount of moisture. Anything heavier would probably make my lids too oily, anything less wouldn't be enough.
I'm pretty pleased with Benefit's It's Potent! eye cream, it's better than I thought it would be. This eye cream improved the look of my under eye area. This eye cream gives adequate moisture and it fulfills most of it's claims. I doubt this skin care product would help someone with significant eye area aging or damage. I think Benefit's It's Potent is meant to maintain a youthful eye area as opposed to reversing aging. Though I enjoy the results I get from It's Potent!, I wouldn't purchase a full size jar because I still don't feel like I need an eye cream. When I do start to feel the need to use pone, I'd rather not pay over $30 for a little bit of product. That being said, if your eye area is in good shape and you want to maintain and slightly improve that, Benefit's It's Potent! is a good option if you have some extra cash.

Ingredients:
WATER (AQUA), ETHYLENE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, SQUALANE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, STEARETH-21, LINUM USITATISSIMUM (LINSEED) SEED EXTRACT, HEXYLDECANOL, STEARALKONIUM HECTORITE, CETYL ALCOHOL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, STEARETH-2, GLYCERYL HYDROXYSTEARATE, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, METHYLPARABEN, ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, CHLORPHENESIN, DIMETHICONE, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS (SWEET ALMOND) FRUIT EXTRACT, HESPERIDIN METHYL CHALCONE, GLYCERYL ACRYLATE/ACRYLIC ACID COPOLYMER, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, STEARETH-20, TROMETHAMINE, BUTYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, TRITICUM VULGARE (WHEAT) PROTEIN, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), TETRASODIUM EDTA, PROPYLPARABEN, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL PROTEIN, ISOBUTYLPARABEN, THEOBROMA CACAO (COCOA) EXTRACT, SODIUM HYALURONATE, CHLORHEXIDINE DIGLUCONATE, SANGUISORBA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, XANTHAN GUM, PHENOXYETHANOL, PYRUS MALUS (APPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/SUCCINIC TRIGLYCERIDE, DIPEPTIDE-2, POTASSIUM SORBATE, ERIOBOTRYA JAPONICA LEAF EXTRACT, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-7, PLANKTON EXTRACT

2 comments

  1. Awesome review, I need this product for the bags under my eyes lol....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It definitely looks potent =o

    ReplyDelete