Benefit Posie Tint Lip&Cheek Stain Review

Benefit's Posie Tint is a "poppy pink tinted lip and cheek stain that will let you paint the town pink". Benefit says that this "kiss of poppy pink brightens cheeks and lips." The "liquid gel formula blends to just picked perfection on all complexions and lasts for hours." I got a deluxe sample of Posie Tint in the Ulta exclusive "Sexy Six" kit which sold for $24. The full 12.5ml (.42fl oz) bottle of Posie Tint retails for $29. My mini size contains 4ml (.13fl oz) and has a value of about $9. This multi-use product was made in France. Benefit does not test on animals. Benefit does not test on animals. Benefit products can be bought on the brand's website, at Sephora and Ulta and their websites, as well as department stores with Benefit counters.
 Posie Tint comes in a mirrored, round, pink plastic bottle topped off with a white cap. The name of the product is written in white lettering, partially overlapping a bright pink sixties looking flower. A brief product description can be found on the back of the bottle. Unscrewing the white cap reveals a stiff brush style applicator. I like this applicator for this product, it's good for painting product onto the lips and is also useful for dotting product on the cheeks. Hurray for cute and functional packaging. Not particularly hygienic but that's not much of a concern for me, personally.
 Application for the lips is different, but easy. Posie Tint is pretty liquidy and thin. I apply it to the lips as if I were painting it on. Long, soft strokes. I then purse my lips together, and adjust the product a bit with a finger tip if I need to. Luckily this is a stain, because Posie Tint isn't really good for quick on the go touch ups. Posie Tint barely shows up on my fairly pigmented lips, it adds a sheer and natural, flirty light pink tint. It dries down to an almost matte finish. This lip stain feels a little tingly on the lips when first applied but that feeling quickly goes away. Posie Tint is surprisingly non drying. This lip tint would probably look lovely on someone with paler lips, but on someone with naturally pink lips, it's just too sheer. I get about 3 to 4 hours of wear from this lip tint.
 I apply about five dots of Posie Tint on the apples of my cheeks, then blend in with my fingers. Posie Tint is a little tricky to work with, you must blend it in immediately after application, this stain dries that fast. This product must be applied before any powder products or else it will grab the powder and apply in a patchy, unnatural, and unattractive way. This cheek stain, when applied and blended correctly gives a natural looking blush. Posie Tint really lasts on the cheeks! I get more than all day wear from it, it stays on even after I wash my face. I'm pretty sure this is one of those stains that just has to fade on it's own, it can't be removed any other way. I guess that's the definition of a stain though, at least cosmetically speaking. The wear time is downright impressive.
You know what I forgot to do? Describe the color of Posie Tint. Woops. Not like that's one of the most important parts of the review. Last time I checked, poppies are usually orange or red. I'm no horticulturalist, but this is a fact I'm pretty sure of. Are posies even a real type of flower? Anyway, Benefit's Posie Tint is a bright, warm, yellowed, Barbie bubble gum pink. This is a super girly color that looks especially charming on the cheeks. Posie Tint might seem a little intimidating at first, but it's quite sheer and can be as subtle or intense as you want it to be, depending on how much or little you apply and how quickly you blend it out. 
Benefit's Posie Tint is a very cute, girly bright pink lip and cheek stain. I feel like this is a generally flattering color, but it might be a little too much for the ultra pale, and might not show up super well on those with the darkest skin. Lip application is fairly easy but inconvenient, if you're looking for something quite to put on don't even consider any of Benefit's lip/cheek tints. The color won't show up much if you have pigmented lips. It does wear pretty well though. I much prefer to wear Posie Tint on my cheeks, the color is cute and it wears forever! Application can be a bit of a pain though. Benefit's Posie Tint is a good product, but honestly it's my least favorite product I've tried from this high end brand, mainly because its a lot of effort to apply. I hate effort. Posie Tint is a good lip and cheek stain, but it's just not for me. I recommend it if you don't mind working a bit more with a product, or if you enjoy liquid lip and cheek tints, but if you're more into practicality, skip it. As always I recommend trying Benefit's products via value kits before taking the plunge and investing in one of their pricey full size products.

Ingredients:
WATER (AQUA), ETHYLHEXYL STEARATE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, HYDROXYETHYL ACRYLATE/ SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SQUALANE, POLYSORBATE 60, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), DISODIUM EDTA, TETRASODIUM EDTA, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), RED 27 (CI 45410), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499). N° 03540/N

3 comments

  1. This product looks lovely on you!
    I can't seem to figure it out, it doesn't go on well on my lips!

    Natasha Carly x
    http://prettylittlelives.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :3. How are you applying it?

      Delete
  2. Posies are definitely red :croat silly product.

    ReplyDelete