Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red Eau de Parfum Review

 Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red is the brand's newest permanent Signature Collection scent. Bath&BodyWorks has really been promoting this scent, they even made a whole mini website for it. A Bath&BodyWorks sales associate told me that more money was spent developing and promoting Forever Red than on any other scent in the brand's history. This scent technically hasn't launched yet, I think it officially releases very soon, November 5th, I believe. Bath&BodyWorks calls Forever Red their "most luxurious fragrance ever" and describe it as a "pairing of the richest and rarest ingredients to create our most feminine and surprising fragrance collection yet! Forever Red is a passionate blend of pomegranate and red osmanthus with a sexy surprise of vanilla rum". The full range of Forever Red products just went up on the Bath&BodyWorks website today. This scent is currently available in nine products. All of the Forever Red products are significantly more expensive than the rest of the Signature Collection items but I was told by the sales associate that sales like "buy three get two free" will still be applicable. I bought a little .25fl oz (17ml) Eau de Parfum  for $5 which was the intro price, this little bottle will eventually retail for $10. The full size Eau de Parfum retails for $44.50. All Bath&BodyWorks products are cruelty free and made in the USA.
 Forever Red's mini Eau de Parfum comes in a really pretty bottle. All of Forever Red's packaging is very nice looking, much fancier looking than what you'd expect from Bath&BodyWorks, more like something you'd expect from Bath&BodyWork's sister brand Victoria's Secret. This little perfume comes in a rectangular, translucent, red glass bottle topped by a square, plastic, red cap. The bottle is plain, only the name of the scent is on the front, written in red of course. I don't really like the spritzer, it seems too flimsy to me, but I'm sure the full size has a better quality atomizer. I really like the look of Forever Red's mini bottle, it's nice for just a purse size.
 I've been so disappointed by most of Bath&BodyWorks new scents lately. Because of all the hype surrounding Forever Red, I expected to be really let down by the scent. I popped into my favorite Bath&BodyWorks store (the one at the Waterfront in Homestead, PA) looking to sample this scent and hoping for the best. I gave it a sniff and was pleasantly surprised! Let me give you the notes before I go on.

Top Notes: Fiery Pomegranate, Rare French Peach, Luminous Apple
Mid Notes: Red Peony, Night Marigold, Red Osmanthus
Dry Notes: Rich Vanilla Rum, Velvety Marshmallow, Oak Wood

Forever Red is a really warm scent, great for this time of year. At first sniff Forever Red reminded me of Midnight Pomegranate. They're definitely similar scents but Forever Red is more..luxurious, I guess? The pomegranate and apple notes combine to give Forever Red a delicious juiciness. The scent is armed up by the rum and has a sweet confection quality to it stemming from the marshmallow. The sweetness isn't strong or overpowering, I actually think it's the softest aspect of Forever Red. I love how seamless the notes are, the fruit notes mesh so well with the sweet alcoholic notes, sitting atop a soft but rich woody base. Bath&BodyWorks really put together a great scent. The notes compliment each other, you can tell that Bath&BodyWorks didn't just slap this scent together thoughtlessly. I've really fallen in love with Forever Red.
 The sales associate I talked to told me that this little bottle of Forever Red is an Eau de Parfum, meaning that it contains a high concentration of fragrance oils resulting in longer wear. Um..well, it lasts longer than the reformulated Fine Fragrance Mist which struggle to last an hour on me. I get about two hours of wear from Forever Red which is pretty poor especially for the price. Maybe it's just me, but I get good wear from other, non-Bath&BodyWorks scents, so it's probably the formula. I'm really disappointed by how often I need to respritz.
Overall, apart from the short wear time, I love Bath&BodyWorks Forever Red. I'm pretty sure Bath&BodyWorks is phasing out Midnight Pomegranate, one of my all time favorite scents. Heart breaking, I know, but I think Forever Red is a suitable replacement. I think Bath&BodyWorks really made a great new scent that isn't too similar to their other offerings. I hope to buy one or two more mini Eau de Parfums. I definitely recommend trying out this great new scent!

Ingredients:
Alcohol Denat, Water, Fragrance, Butyl Methoxyl Ibenzylonethane, Ethylhexyl Methocinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, BHT, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Citronellol, Couramin,Geraniol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene, Carboaldehyde, Linalool 

1 comment