Buxom Big&Healthy Lip Polish - Sugar - Review

 Buxom's Big&Healthy Lip Polish is a "pout perfecting, sheer coverage, shimmery lip gloss." Buxom says that their lip polish will "tingle, plump, and and shine your pout to super sexy proportions." This gloss plumps your lips, giving them a full look, something I don't really need. This lip gloss is formulated with good stuff like vitamins A&E., and without junk like parabens, sulfates, phthalates, GMOs, and triclosan. Buxom offers 15 shades, I have Sugar which is described by the brand as a "rose glow luster". Buxom offers a couple statistics on this product:

  • 86& of women experience and immediate increase in lip fullness
  • 75% of women felt that the moisture in their lips had increased
  • 96% of women were satisfied with the overall improvement of their lips.
Those are some big percentages. I got a deluxe sample of this gloss in my July MyGlam bag. The full size Lip Polish contains .15fl oz and retails for $18. Buxom, a sub-brand of Bare Escentuals, does not test their products on animals and are made in the USA. Apparently Buxom products are only available at Sephora.
I really like the packaging for Buxom's Lip Polish, it looks very high end. A round, clear, thick plastic tube with a silver cap. One side of the tube features the Buxom logo, the Bare Escentuals logo is on the other side of the tube. It's a little plain, but something about it says "fancy". The gloss has a doe foot applicator that's a little smaller than usual, but that's a positive actually because it makes application even more precise, you may need to double dip though. The cap can be a little difficult to screw back on though, I'm not sure why, maybe an air bubble in the product?
 Sugar is a definite "my lips but better" shade for me. It's a beige-pink. There isn't any visible shimmer or glitter, it's more of a very glossy frost. Despite Buxom's describing this gloss as "sheer", I get near opaque color from Sugar. The color is very pretty and complimentary, the finish is great. The texture of this gloss is smooth and slick at first, but this gloss gets a stickier and stickier the longer you wear it. It's not an uncomfortable, tacky sticky, it's more of a satisfying stickiness, the kind that makes putting your lips together and parting them fun. That slight, increasing tackiness keeps this gloss on for quite a while. I get like 2-2 1/2 hours of wear from this gloss, even through nomming and drinking, I've even had it survive a shower! I can't get most lip stains to stay on that long, let alone a gloss. Very impressed.  Does this gloss plump your lips? I already have fairly full lips, so I can easily tell when a "plumping" product makes them even larger. I think Buxom's Big&Healthy gloss really does plump my lips, a little, or at least it feels that way. This gloss has a soft tingly feel to it, and it feels kinda cold every time you inhale through your mouth. The plumping feel/effect lasts as long as the gloss. Like just about all plumping lip products, Buxom's Big&Healthy Lip Polish has an artificial mint scent and flavor.
I really enjoy Buxom's Big&Healthy Lip Polish in Sugar. I've never had a gloss wear so well. The shade Sugar really suits me well. The packaging is minimalistic but looks really good. I really wish I could afford the full size, but almost $20 for a lip gloss seems unreasonable to me. I've already gone through about a third of this gloss. If you can afford it, look into these great plumping glosses. I definitely think they're worth splurging on. I think I'm going to go on a neverending quest for a drugstore dupe. Let me know if you know one.

Ingredients:
Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Diisostearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Menthone Glycerin Acetal, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Octyldodecanol, Trimethylolpropane Triisostearate, Silica, Fragrance (Parfum), Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sodium Saccharin, Limonene, BHT

May Contain:
Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Redd 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)

7 comments

  1. great post! I've heard a lot about Buxom lip glosses

    http://confessionsofacanadianwallflower.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buxom usually puts out a gift set around the holidays. I think the one I got a couple of years ago was about $40.00 and it came with 4 Buxom lipsticks and 4 glosses. It's more affordable than their full size glosses, which are really pricey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a pretty great deal, I'll look out for in in winter, thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  3. oh wow, the color is so pretty! I love all the little sparkles in it too! I bet this would look amazing over an opaque nude lip color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't typically go for nude lips, but I should try this, I think you may be right!

      Delete