Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub Review

 Lush encourages you to "scrub your lips smooth with their Bubblegum lip scrub." Bubblegum is an "ode to all things pink, girly, and sugary." This lip scrub is made of fair trade sugar and castor oil to make your lips "enticingly soft while satisfying your sweet tooth". This lip scrub is cruelty free and vegan. My jar was made in Australia by Jess, who looks absolutely terrifying on her made by label. I bought my jar of scrub at the Lush in the Queen Victoria Building (which I discovered is technically in Town Hall). Bubblegum contains 25g (.9oz) of product. I paid $9.95 for this lip scrub, it sells for $8.95 in the States. Pricey.

Bubblegum comes in a clear glass jar with a black, plastic, screw on cap. The cap features a label with the name of the product, and Lush's logo and tagline. A black label wraps around the jar, containing a full ingredient list, vegan symbol for quick reference, directions, and some company info. Very informative and thorough for such a little label. I think this little jar is kinda adorable. Good job Lush. The only downfall is the scary "made by" sticker on the bottom. 
 Bubblegum is a bright pink, densely packed sugar scrub. The sugar granules vary in size and are fairly abrasive. Before I go on about use, let me warn you, do not get Bubblegum wet. It will turn into a solid rock of lip scrub. I speak from experience. Anyways. According to Lush, you're meant to "rub a little gently into lips to scrub them smooth and soft, be sure to lick off the excess". Bubblegum is best used on wet lips, it might be a little too rough for dry lips. While Bubblegum is delicious, I don't really recommend licking this scrub off unless you like munching on your own dead skin. Plus the castor oil in this scrub can have a laxative effect (you'd probably have to eat a lot of this scrub for that to happen though.) I will admit to occasionally sneaking a little bit of Bubblegum before hand, just a few granules. I prefer to rinse this scrub off, but go ahead, lick away the little bits left in the corners of your mouth.
 Bubblegum is a pretty effective lip scrub. It exfoliates well, and leaves my lips a little bit moisturized. They're smooth, soft, and any rough, dry skin is gone. Plus it makes my lips taste good. What's not to like right? The fact that it's no more effective than my St. Ives Apricot Scrub, or even what some honey and brown sugar could do. Regardless of being unnecessary product, it gets the job done. After use I apply lip balm and some vaseline to seal in the moisture. I use this scrub every other day.
 Lush says that Bubblegum has the same scent as their very popular Snow Fairy shower gel. I can't vouch for that as I haven't used or even smelled Snow Fairy before, but if it's true, I want to. Bubblegum smells and tastes really good. I wouldn't say it's a bubblegum flavor though. It's more of a sugary sweet taste with some generic fruitiness to it. Very girly and sweet. Like.
[;__;]
Lush's Bubblegum Lip Scrub has been on my wishlist for quite a while, I'm glad I finally got it. However, it's completely unnecessary. Your current scrub will do just as good, though it probably won't give you that little bit of moisture I get from Bubblegum. The flavor and scent are really nice and sweet, and the name and packaging are cute. Do I recommend Bubblegum? Only if you have a spare $10 and feel like treating yourself to something nice, but not needed. I probably won't repurchase Bubblegum, even so, I wouldn't need to for a while, there's a ton of product. I guess the value isn't quite as bad as it seems, but it's still pricey for what it is. 

Ingredients:
Castor Oil, Sugar, Organic Jojoba Oil, Flavor, Color 45410, Flavor 45380

15 comments

  1. I want to try the mint one....I found the bubblegum one too sweet for me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sales girl really tried to push the mint one on me instead of this one.

      Delete
  2. I'm terrified of pink sweets (too many bad experiences with artificial flavorings in dental goops and oozes as a kid) so I'll probably be skipping this! However I did try the Sweet Lips a few days ago and ME GUSTA! I totally agree with you on this being an unnecessary product because there are so many cheap alternatives, but you gotta live a little bit every once and a while, huh? :)
    While I'm here I shall drop some science on you: Every time you swallow you're ingesting cells from your gums/cheeks so licking off the scrub is smaaaaaaaaall potatoes to your daily autocannibalism. ^-^ Charming, no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I already knew you ingest your own cells all the time, but I figured I'd leave that out of the review. Biology n'at is pretty fantastic.

      Think you'll be buying Sweet Lips?

      Delete
    2. Do not stifle teh science! >:O
      But yeah... Sweet Lips is definitely on "My List" at some point. :)

      Delete
  3. Ooooh. I totally want to try this. I'll get it next time I'm at the mall if they have it. My lips get so dry all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I didnt really know I needed a lip scrub. I will try this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet Lips isn't bad although I find the sugar scrubs kinda messy. It's not really necessary...unless you have chapped lips and like me end up biting the hell out of them. It keeps the shreddy bits at bay enough to keep me from biting unless I get really keyed-up over something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love their lip scrubs! i have the mint one and want to go buy more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try this lipscrub! :) To bad there's no Lush near me.


    http://www.malikagodt.com

    ReplyDelete