Circus by Andrea's Choice Nail Color - Spectacle - Review

 Circus by Andrea's Choice is a yet to be released nail polish line by a popular YouTube beauty guru. This nail polish line contains five super bright shades. These polishes will be released to the general public sometime in the next couple months. Those subscribed to MyGlam have already received two of these polishes, I got Somersault, a yellow, and Spectacle, a neon orange. Circus polishes are chip resistant, vegan, cruelty free, made in the USA, and do not contain formaldehyde, toluene or DBP. Each polish contains .45fl oz (13.2ml) . The price of these polishes hasn't been released yet. These polishes will be available online at circusbyandrea.com.
 These polishes are entirely overpackaged, but that's ok cause it looks cute, it probably ups the price a lot though. Each polish comes in a yellow, red, orange, and pink striped plastic tube with a pop off top. The tube only has the name of the product on it, no other information. The large, glass bottle is square shaped, and very  tall, with lots of excess glass at the bottom. The black plastic cap is also very tall. This is some of the biggest nail polish packaging I've ever seen. It looks fancy. The square bottle features the name and product logo, the back label features a full ingredient list. The brush is very long, round and pretty flexible, no splayed bristles.
 Spectacle has a really nice formula. It has a near perfect consistency and it applies so smoothly and evenly. Spectacle is almost opaque in one coat, fully opaque with the second. I can't get over the near flawless application and opacity, it's fantastic, especially for a neon, which are notoriously hard to work with, they tend to be sheer or have a thick formula.
 Spectacle is just that. Calling this shade eye catching would be an understatement. Eye searing is more accurate. This nail polish is spectacularly bright (see what I did there?). This polish is the brightest neon orange I've ever seen, it's like a traffic cone colored by a highlighter. I get constant comments when I wear Spectacle, both positive and negative, it's definitely a shade that's hard to ignore. What makes Spectacle even more interesting is that it dries to a matte, almost rubberized finish. It's unique to say the least. While I know of some other neon orange polishes, this is the only matte one I've seen.
 Wear for this polish is actually pretty good, and it's consistent too. I've worn spectacle three times, and I've gotten three days of wear each time with no real tip wear and minimal chipping. This stuff is pretty water resistant, I've never had it peel off in the bath or anything. The polish begins to peel up on the corners on the third day and by the next day it's gone. That's alright though I'll accept three days of wear though, it's satisfactory to me.
[closest i can get to the actual color. it's still warped though]
I really love Spectacle from Circus by Andrea's Choice. It's by far the best neon polish I've ever used. The formula applies smoothly and is well pigmented. It dries very, very fast. It wears well by my standards. The color is fabulous if you're into bright colors, but it may be too much for some. If you haven't received Spectacle in your MyGlam bag, definitely check it out when they're released for sale. Spectacle is a surprisingly good polish, much better than Somersault. I would repurchase this polish, provided it's not super expensive. 

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Ethyl Acetate, Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Phthalic Anhydride/Trimellitic Anhydride/Glycols Copolymer, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Camphor, Benzophenone-1.

May Contain:  Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), D&C Red No.6 Barium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red No.7, Calcium Lake (CI 15850), D&C Red No.34 Calcium Lake (CI 15880), FD&C Yellow No. 5 Aluminum Lake (CI 19140), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake (CI 42090), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica (CI 77019).

5 comments

  1. Hi! i enjoy your blog, you should follow me back at http://lefthandedideas.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's neon for the chipmunk n.n

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH MY RETINASSSSS

    lol awesome review! i need this polish in my life ;3;

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had so much trouble with these polishes. They are so runny, watery, and streaky they're almost possible to handle for me =(

    Boston Princess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really sorry to hear that :(. I don't like Somersault very much, but this one doesn't give me any problems. I hear a lot of bad about the white one, but those are never good :(

      Delete