Essence Powder and Blush Brush Review

 Essence's Powder&Blush brushes are two cruelty free, coordinating brushes from this popular German brand. Each brush sells for a super affordable $2.49. These brushes were made in China. Essence products are available in Ulta in the US, Shopper's Drug Mart in Canada, and most European drugstores.
 Both brushes come packaged in a clear plastic envelope that can be used as a brush case, but I tossed them. The back label offers a short description of the brushes in English, German, and French. Both brushes have black plastic handles with the Essence logo on them. The black, plastic ferrels are attached firmly to the handle. They're very lightweight brushes, but they're well made. They don't provide much weight in the hand though, so if you prefer your brushes to have a heavier feel, I'd skip these. Feel isn't something I'm picky with when it comes to brushes, though.
 The powder brush is paddle shaped, with purple and black bristles. The bristles are soft, silky, and densely packed. I'm pretty sure this brush is magical. It picks up just the right amount of powder and applies it beautifully, giving the skin a perfected, almost airbrushed look. I've never owned a bad powder brush, but even still, this one is definitely the greatest. It's the Excalibur of powder brushes. (hey, everyone else calls their products "holy grails").
 The blush brush is angled, made of hot pink bristles with black tips. The bristles are equally as soft and dense as the powder brush, but a bit more flexible. The bristles tend to splay ever so slightly, on the wider end, but it's nothing major and doesn't effect the shape of brush, or it's application. This is a multi-functional brush. Essence calls it perfect for highlighting cheekbones, which is how I prefer to use it. I like it as a blush brush, but only when I use a light blush. Deeper, more heavily pigmented blushes can turn out too strong and concentrated on my pale skin when applied with this brush. It's also not suitable for contouring, because of it's flexibility. Despite not being the best brush for blush, I love it as a highlighting and bronzing brush.
These brushes are durable. They keep their form after washing and dry quickly. They don't seem to shed at all, and there is only the slightest, insignificant splaying. Even though the synthetic bristles on both brushes are dyed bright colors, the color doesn't fade or run after washing.
I really love both the Essence Powder&Blush brushes, though I prefer the powder brush a bit more. I bought both of these brushes on whims, and I'm so glad that I did. I even plan to buy a second of each brush. If Essence is available to you, pick these brushes up asap! In fact, try as many Essence products as possible. They're extremely affordable, and almost never disappoint (except that one mascara that made my lashes fall out), like a European Wet n' Wild.

6 comments

  1. We just got essence in Australia - I may have to investigate since you think so highly of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have Essence in Australia now too? =D Sweet! What shops? I'll be checking out their prices and selection when I'm there next month =D

      Delete
  2. I love the brush colors. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can halp clean these next tiem? =[

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your review, we just got Essence in Mexico and I was thinking of buying the powder brush but wanted an opinion for it, I will definitely get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh cool, it's good that they're expanding! Enjoy the powder brush, anon =D

      Delete