Maybelline FitMe Foundation Review

 Maybelline's Fit Me! Foundation is a sheer coverage foundation that "lets the real you come through". This is my first Maybelline foundation, and only my third one ever, so please excuse me if this isn't my best review. This dermatologist, oil free foundation is available in 18 shades, which is a wide selection by drugstore standards. Every shade is promised to match natural tones, and features SPF 18. Unfortunately, Maybelline products are tested on animals, so please keep that in mind when choosing their products. Maybelline does not list where this product was manufactured. I purchased my 1 fl oz bottle at Ulta for $7.99, but I've seen this foundation priced as low as $5.50. I have the slightest shade, 110, Porcelain.
 Packaging for Fit Me Foundation is pretty simple, but not exceptionally functional. There's no pump or any other type of dispenser, you just pour it out on to the back of your hand or a palette. That has the potential to be messy, wasteful, and unhygienic. The packaging is pretty plain, but looks ok. A rectangular, clear glass bottle that isn't bulky, but doesn't feel too fragile either. The twist on cap is made of black plastic. The Fit Me logo and number of the shade are both stickers, which tend to peel up at the side, making the product look cheap.
 Fit Me applies pretty well. My preferred method of applying this particular foundation is with a dampened cosmetic wedge, but I've also used a foundation brush. A dollop a little bit larger than an american quarter is enough to cover my whole face, neck, and if needed, my ears. When applied with a damp sponge, this foundation blends flawlessly, as promised. However, when applied with a foundation brush, it didn't blend well, and looked quite streaky. Honestly, I think it was the brush's fault.
 The finish of of Fit Me foundation is lovely. It's a sheer to light coverage foundation, but its fairly buildable. Despite it's sheerness, Fit Me provides surprisingly good coverage. I recommend pairing it with Rimmel's Match Perfection Concealer, as it has a very similar texture to Fit Me and they blend together perfectly. Fit Me has a beautiful, glowy, dewy, yet natural finish that makes skin look healthy and youthful, without appearing greasy or oily. Because of the sheer nature of Fit Me, it won't make your skin look flawless, but it will even out your complexion, brighten it, and mask any minor imperfections.
 I can comfortably say 110 is the best, closest color match I have ever had. It matches my skin tone perfectly,so well that I have a hard time seeing where I've applied foundation and where I haven't. The dewiness gives it away though. I compared it to my beloved BYS Age Defying Foundation, which I previously thought was a near perfect match, and it looks at least half a shade darker in comparison. There's something so satisfying about finding your perfect color match. It makes me wonder how Maybelline was able to capture my skin tone in a way that no other company has (except Rimmel). Porcelain ought to be renamed after me, or at least have it's number replaced by my favorite number.
 Fit Me wears pretty well under normal circumstances. I'd say I get about 8 hours of wear from it without a primer. I can't comment how it wears with a face primer, as I don't have one, but I am meaning to get one. In those 8 hours I have no wear issues like settling into lines or pores, and certainly no caking at all. The dewiness does tend to mattify after a couple hours though. Removal is no problem at all. A quick swipe of a face wipe, or just washing your face should remove just about all of this foundation. Your toner should take care of any remaining residue, not that there will be much.
I've read a lot of negative reviews for Maybelline's Fit Me, saying that it causes break outs, irritation, some even go as far as to say it ruins their skin. I haven't suffered any such adverse effects, but my skin does seem a tad more oily than it was before I started using this foundation. Maybe I would have worse results if I wore this on a daily basis, but I just can't be bothered to wear foundation every day. Perhaps if you have naturally oily, acne prone, and/or sensitive skin, you should avoid this foundation, but personally I don't find it as damaging as some reviews would lead you to believe.
One quick note is that Fit Me doesn't have a strong, gross smell like some foundations. I has that "makeup smell", but at least it isn't perfumed, or smell like buttered popcorn.
I really like Maybelline's Fit Me Foundation. Mostly because, as the name of the product implies, it really does fit me. Porcelain (110) is like my skin tone in a bottle. This foundation gives just the right about of coverage, with a natural, dewy glow. Best of all, this foundation is extremely affordable, and available is a good variety of colors, so just about everyone can enjoy it, provided you have the right skin type. I'll likely repurchase this foundation when I finish this bottle up.

Active Ingredient :
Octinoxate 7%,
Ingredients:
 Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminium Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone

May Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides 

5 comments

  1. wow, this stuff sounds amazing! I may have to go out of my makeup comfort zone and try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building on a foundation? Let's not be silly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this foundation! I find it works really well for me. I did a post about it if you would like to check it out? Great post by the way!

    http://luckybeauty07.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/maybelline-fit-me-foundation-liquid.html

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I match this foundation perfectly as well and I'm having a hard time understanding what skin tone I am. because I'm warmer and more yellow but also very very pale. kind of a pain. but this is seriously the only foundation I could ever find to match my skin tone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get yourself matched at a high end counter, they can help you find your undertone!

      Delete