Zoya Robyn Nail Enamel Review+Swatches

 Zoya's Nail Enamel in Robyn is a bright blue polish with a cream finish. It's part of Zoya's Flash Collection. Zoya polishes are formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthlate, and camphor free, as well as cruelty free and made in the USA. These polishes are professional grade and are only available at http://zoya.com/, or select beauty supply stores, as well as some salons and spas. Each bottle retails for $8. I received mine as a giveaway prize from TiffanyLacquer.

 I really love the rounded rectangular shape of Zoya's bottles. It's cute and unique. The bottle is made of thick, sturdy feeling glass with a black, acrylic cap that's firmly attached to the top of the brush. Zoya's brushes are short and flat with the perfect amount of flex and give.
 Robyn's formula has just about the perfect consistency. It applies evenly and smoothly and was nearly opaque in one coat. You could probably get away with one thick coat, but I opted for 2 thinner coats. Robyn dried quite fast. Less than a minute, I estimate it at about 45 seconds, which I classify as a fast dry polish. I also find Zoya polishes scent to be a lot less potent than other brands.
Zoya Robyn Swatch
 Robyn is a cream finish polish, but it dries down to a semi-matte finish. I find Robyn's name misleading, because it isn't anywhere near a robin's egg blue. Wouldn't you assume it'd be, considering the name? Robyn is much more of a bright, intense sky blue, or maybe a deep cyan, that verges on being neon. It's really pretty. I want to layer it with a blue glitter polish sometime. I think Robyn would look super pretty on someone with tan or dark skin.
I wore this polish twice. Each time, it became irreparably chipped by day 2. It's also not particularly water-resistant and what was left of it peeled of in the bath. This polish chipped and peeled on me, regardless if I wore top and base coat or not. Considering that Zoya is a professional polish brand, I expect way better wear than just two days. I'll probably use this mostly on my toes from now on.Robyn also has the potential to stain your nails. The staining isn't awful, it just kinda tinges your nails blue. It made me look frost bitten. Not cute. :(
I'm on the fence about Zoya's Robyn polish. I adore the color, packaging, finish, and application, but the wear time and staining aren't what I'd expect from a high quality polish brand. I won't be repurchasing because of the poor wear and high price tag. I only recommend Zoya's Robyn if you're absolutely in love with the color, or if you're sensitive to the smell of regular polishes.

Ingredients:
Butyl Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sterikonium, Hectroite, Acrylates Copolymer, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer

3 comments

  1. I am so jealous of everyone who can just go to the store and buy zoya nail polish!

    ReplyDelete