ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen Review

ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen is a felt tip style liquid eyeliner pen. I'll be reviewing the shade Teal. I purchased mine at http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ for $1. This is the first pen style eyeliner I've tried so I don't have much grounds for comparisons.

I'll start off with packaging. This eyeliner comes in a sleek black pen with a snap on cap. The cap fits very tight, which is good, you don't want it to come off easily and have the pen dry out. However the cap is a bit too tight. It's hard to remove and even harder to replace. I worry about damaging the felt tip because of how much force it takes to put the cap on.Speaking of the felt tip, its thin, but I don't feel like its tapered enough to create very thin lines. The tip was a little bit frayed when I first received this, but I assume I just got a bad one.

Application isn't very smooth. Because the liner is waterproof, it has a drier formula, which makes it skip and apply unevenly. It takes 2 strokes to reach full opacity without any skipping. After its dried, this liner stays put without smudging or smearing. I get about 7 hours of wear before it starts to fade. Removal takes a little bit more effort than usual, but isn't difficult. It can stain the skin if you've applied it particularly heavily.

The color of this is nice, but I wouldn't call it teal. Its more of a straight blue to me. I can't detect any green tinge to make it teal, unless its applied very very lightly.

This is an ok eyeliner overall. It stays true to its waterproof claim. Its a nice shade of blue, but not teal like the name indicates. But application is skippy and a bit inconsistent. I don't think I'll be repurchasing this shade, or trying any other ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pens. But I do recommend them if you're curious about eyeliner pens and want to try one, but aren't ready to invest in a more expensive one.

1 comment