Bath and Body Works Charmed Life Body Lotion Review

Bath and Body Work's Charmed Life Body Lotion is from their newest and I believe limited edition collection. According to their website, Charmed Life is supposed to smell like guava, pear, and vanilla musk and is inspired by fun and taking chances. I purchased my bottle on a 3 for $10 deal, which works out to be about $3.33 for 3 fl oz.

Packaging is nice. The bottle is the standard Bath and Body Works shape and is made of blue tinged plastic with a blue cap. The label is cute. It's also blue with multi-colored circles, a bow, some stars, and a ring, and of course, the name Charmed life written in cursive.

Straight out of the bottle I can't really detect any specific scents, just a general sweetness.
When first applied I pick up mostly guava with a tiny bit of pear and musk. A little bit of this lotion goes a long way, and just a small dab is enough to coat both my hands. It sinks in pretty fast and feels moisturizing right away. After its dried down some, I can smell a bit more pear and a lot more vanilla. Lasting power is good, I can still smell it 3 1/2 hours after applying, which is impressive for a lotion. Moisturization has lasted a good while as well. I feel no need to reapply after 3 1/2 hours and several hand washings. The scent fades to mostly vanilla, I think it smells kinda like sugar cookies.

Overall I like this lotion. It smells sweet and close to the description. The scent wears several hours as does the moisture. A little bit goes a long way. I've used this to moisturize my whole body twice and my hands several times and I've barely made a dent in my 3 fl oz bottle. I don't experience any dryness or that tight feeling like I sometimes do from heavily perfumed lotions. I definitely recommend picking a bottle up next time you visit Bath and Body Works and they have a 3 for $10 going on.

1 comment