Maybelline The Falsies: Volume Express Review

I got this mascara for my long trip to Australia, to wear on very hot days, or to the beach. I purchased this in Very Black Waterproof for $7.99 at Rite Aid. I have very mixed feelings about this mascara. I love Maybelline Mascaras and have owned all of their Volume Express range through the years. This one is super dark and lasts very long, and can give you false looking lashes if you work with it. And by work with it I mean applying it slowly, meticulously combing through it between coats, and thoroughly curling before, and after application. I love the end results, however its far too much effort. Other downsides to this mascara is its extremely wet formula that has a tendency to clump. Also its extremely difficult to remove, more so than other waterproof mascaras I've tried. The only thing that I can get to remove this mascara is a mix of Avon's Moisture Effective Makeup Remover and Skin-So-Soft, which I'm not sure is even eye-safe. I only suggest The Falsies if you don't mind a mascara that requires some work to achieve beautiful results.

1 comment

  1. It never comes off. You are forever having mascara on your eyelids D:

    ReplyDelete