Out with the Old - June 2017 Empties


  June was a good month for empties - particularly hair care products. Genuinely, I don't think I've ever finished so many hair care products in one month. I may be wrong, and I don't care quite enough to look back on ALL my previous Out with the Old posts, but I'm calling it a record. Out of the eleven products I finished this month, about half of them were for hair. Yinz know I hate writing about hair care, so I feel like this empties post will be brief. As always, products that I have a backup of or plan to repurchase will be marked with an asterisk(*). Click through to read more about what I finished in the month of June.

I'm becoming a Bubble Bar addict, and Brightside's zingy orange scent and color only fueled that addiction. Brightside's scent is so simple - it's all about orange, but not overpoweringly so. This solid bubble bath creates lots of long lasting, peach tinged bubbles atop bright orange water - it's an all around delight.

One of my 'forever products', Lush's Caca Rouge Henna brightens my dull red hair into the fiery mane it deserves to be. A single brick of henna lasts me two or three dye sessions, each about ten to twelve weeks apart. If you're dedicated to the redhead life, the value and quality of Lush's henna can't be beat. 

This was my first Korres product, and honestly it let me down. At first, I thought I liked this hair mask, but the more I used it, the more I felt like it left my hair drier than before I used it. My hair never looked or felt significantly improved. Maybe this mask gives me a little moisture, but no more than a regular conditioner would.

Saturday Skin Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream*
If you read my June New Discoveries, you know that I adore this moisturizer! This aptly named gel textured moisturizer plumps the skin so much, while imparting the dewiest finish ever. I haven't stopped thinking about this moisturizer since I used up the sample packets, but I don't know if I can bring myself to spend $75 on a moisturizer.

When it comes to drugstore concealers, I think Maybelline makes the best ones, and Master Conceal is the best of the best - at least in terms of coverage. This liquid concealer offers long lasting, full coverage, and it's also a great foundation mixer. I used this concealer to the last drop and fully intend to repurchase it next time Priceline has an offer on Maybelline. 

Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Shine Oil
The Keratin Protein Smoothing Shine Oil was my first disappointing product from Hask. I bought this oil in hopes of partially repairing my suddenly fragile hair. While this keratin infused oil didn't make my hair worse, it didn't help either. The oil had a drier consistency, and seemed to evaporate minutes after use. I saw no benefits at all. I did, however, love the watermelon scent - the only good thing about this oil.

I bought this Revlon eyelash curler a couple of years ago, just to try something different. I can't say that I disliked anything about it, but I just don't use it. I consistently reach for my ELF Eyelash Curler over this one, so I'm going to pass Revlon's Extra Curl curler on to my sister in law. 

Batiste Tropical Dry Shampoo*^
My monthly can of Batiste Dry Shampoo, this time in the Tropical scent. I don't think Tropical performs any differently from Batiste's other scent, but I do enjoy the coconut and pineapple fragrance. I don't think I'd choose this scent again (I have two more cans of Tropical thanks to a generous Social Soup package), but I can see why it has mass appeal.

I think Make Me Brow is my favorite brow product - its just so quick and easy. Three or four quick strokes per brow and I'm done. This brow mascara is lightly tinted and contains small fibers that attach to brow hairs and never shed. I can't ask for more, plus it's only $5. I've already repurchased. 

L'oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation*
Another product I wanted to write about but never got around to. I loved L'oreal's True Match Lumi Cushion! So far, this is the only cushion foundation that I've tried, and I really like the concept (but I wish it came with more product!). This sheer, glowy foundation created a natural, perfected, no-makeup look, and lasted well even without powder. The True Match Lumi Cushion is such a great daily foundation, it's a definite repurchase (and this time I will review it!)

L'Oreal Elvive Arginine Resist Conditioner 
Collectively, I like L'Oreal's Elvive range of hair care products, but the Arginine Resist Conditioner didn't do much for me. The texture seems so rich when you squeeze it out, but it doesn't nourish my hair, nor does it really detangle. The grapefruit scent is refreshing, but it isn't good enough to redeem this conditioner. I'll be sticking to the Extraordinary Oil Conditioner, thanks. 

What have you finished lately?


Disclosure:
Products marked with an (^) were sent to me as press samples

No comments