New Discoveries - June 2017




June brought a lot of new products into my life. Between freebies, press samples, and a few "treat yo self" moments, I've been trying a lot of new stuff this month. I gathered them all together, and picked five products to highlight. Click through for my thoughts on June's New Discoveries.

Saturday Skin Daily Hydrating Dew Essence Mist
$49.95/130ml
I am a face mist skeptic, but I can't say no to a free gift. Saturday Skin's popup shop in Myer Sydney was handing out free deluxe minis of their Daily Hydrating Dew Essence Mist to their Instagram followers, no strings attached, so I popped in to claim mine. Generally I can't get behind facial sprays - to me, most of them seem like overpriced water in a bottle, but Saturday Skin's Daily Hydrating Dew Essence may change my opinion. This fine mist is a great step between toner and moisturizer, to add just a little more hydration to the skin. This product doubles up as a finishing spray that really reduces the appearance of powder on the skin, creating a dewy finish that has me addicted to this product. Expect a full review soon!

McArthur Skincare Foaming Facial Cleanser*
$19.99/125ml
I love trying new cleansers, so when Perth based McArthur Skincare offered me a few products, I requested their Foaming Facial Cleanser, and I'm quite impressed. This pawpaw infused cleanser dispenses in a soft, airy foam that washes away oil without stripping the skin - it reminds me a lot of a gentler Neutrogena HydroBoost Foaming Cleanser. I don't have much more to say about McArthur's Foaming Facial Cleanser, it's just a great basic foaming face wash!

Saturday Skin Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream
$74.95/50ml
Along with the Daily Hydrating Dew Essence Mist, the lovely Saturday Skin sales rep gave me a few foil packets of their Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream - a product I've seen raved about on blogs and Instagram, and for good reason. I loved this moisturizer from first use. The Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream has a very light, gel consistency that practically melts into the skin, instantly plumping the complexion and imparting that unmistakable K-beauty glow! This is such a gorgeous, dewy moisturizer, I hardly feel the need for makeup after it. Featherweight Daily Moisturizing Cream does feel a little tacky to the touch, but I can look past it (if I'm not blinded by the glow!). I'm about to finish my final sachet, and I'm seriously considering picking up the full sized product, despite the hefty price tag.

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly
$44/6.5ml
Concealer is a product that I really struggle with, and when I find one that works well for me, I like to stick with it. Unfortunately, I can't repurchase my trusty Maybelline Better Skin Concealer, as it's only available in two shades in Australia (honestly, it's 2017, not everyone is Light or Medium, Maybelline.), so I decided to branch out and cross NARS' Radiant Creamy Concealer off my Wishlist. At first, I wasn't sure if I liked this moussey concealer, which I picked up in the lightest shade, Chantilly. The coverage wasn't as full as most reviews made it seem, and it looked a little cakey on the under eye, but after a few uses I found a technique that suited me. While I still don't think it's a very full coverage concealer, I do love the way the Radiant Creamy Concealer looks on my skin - not to mention, Chantilly is a great match for me. 

The Ordinary 10% Niacinamide/1% Zinc Serum
$9.90/30ml
A ten dollar bill was burning a hole in my pocket after a very disappointing haircut, and I needed to treat my self. I sifted through Priceline and a few other stores, not finding anything that spoke to me (or fit my meager budget), so I head into Myer to see if I could find something satisfying in their clearance bins (I've found some real gems in the past), but instead I made a b-line to their Deciem display. The Ordinary's buzz was too loud to ignore, so I snatched up the last bottle of their 10% Niacinamide/1% Zinc serum, and I couldn't be happier. This slightly tacky acne fighting serum quickly improved the condition of my skin. I've had far fewer breakouts in my two weeks of using this serum, and my redness is reduced. I think my skin's become a little dependent on this serum - I skipped it for a few days, and had a couple little pimples pop up, then recede when I resumed use. At under $10, this is a product I can easily afford to depend on. 

What's your latest beauty discovery? Share in the comments!


Disclosure:
Products marked with an asterisk (*) were sent to me as press samples. Their inclusion in this post was not influenced by any third parties.

Leave a Comment

  1. I've really been curious about the Saturday Skin stuff and I ADORE mists so I might purchase this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd recommend it, it's better than most mists I've tried, plus the packaging is too cute. Hopefully it's more affordable in Canada tho!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...