Out with the Old - April 2017 Empties

April 2017 Out with the Old
Hey, I swear I haven't abandoned the blog, I've just had a crazy couple of weeks! I traveled all over Australia before moving into a new apartment (and waiting ages for an internet connection). Things are settled now, and I'm hoping to get back to regular content (if there is such a thing for me anymore). Let's start off with my April empties, which included far less products than I expected it to. I really though April was going to be a big empties month for me, but a lot of the products I thought were on their last legs held on a little longer than anticipated. As always, products I've repurchased or intend to are marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to read more.

Batiste's dry shampoos make an appearance in almost all of my Out with the Old posts, but this month is a little unique because I have two cans to toss out. I worked on my favorite Cherry scented can throughout March and April, but blew through the mini can of Blush while traveling over Easter weekend (with a little help from Dean, who's also a Batiste fan). I received a big package from Batiste last month, so you'll be seeing lots of different sizes and scents in my future empties posts. 

I picked up this oil from Essano with fairly high hopes, and it's safe to say they weren't met. The Rosehip Acai Berry Antioxidant Oil was too heavy to use as a standalone product on my face and hair, and seemed to do more harm than good for my nails. To make matters worse, this oil evaporated and spoiled quickly, so even if I had enjoyed it, I wouldn't have gotten my money's worth out of it.

Murad Instablur Perfecting Shield 
So many bloggers and YouTubers raved about Murad's Instablur Perfecting Shield primer when it was first released, so I was very excited to receive a deluxe sample as a free goodie with an Ulta order last year...and it never worked out for me? Nearly every review praised this primer for it's smooth, silky texture, but my sample couldn't be more different. This SPF laced primer pilled and balled up on my skin. I tried it so many times without any luck, so I think it's time to toss it. 

That Gal is a product that doesn't get enough love - almost no one mentions this pink tinted illuminating primer and I don't understand why? Benefit's That Gal gives my skin a lovely, dewy glow - it makes my skin look so good I usually don't even put a foundation on top of it! I've gone through so many of these little deluxe sample tubes over the years, and I think it's time I finally buy the full sized product. 

What have you finished lately?


Disclosure:
Products marked with an (^) were sent to me as press samples

No comments