Nexxus Humectress Luxe Leave In Spray Review




 Nexxus says "continually nourish and hydrate your hair with Humectress Luxe Ultimate Moisturizing Leave-In Spray. Formulation infuses Vitamin E, Coconut Oil and Honey Extract to create lustrous, healthy tresses. Formula features exclusive NexxuSphere time-release technology that contains nutrients, anti-oxidants and UV protectors". This leave in spray contains 150ml (5 fl oz) and retails for around $21 at Ulta, drugstores and salons. Nexxus is a subsidiary of Unilever and is not cruelty free. This product was made in the USA.

Nexxus products have an appealing uniform, clean, salon-ready aesthetic. This product's tall, slim, opaque pearly white bottle is topped off with a spritzer that dispenses the finest concentrated mist of product. The back of the bottle offers a product description, clear directions, and a full ingredient list. All packaging is recyclable.

I was sent two bottles of Nexxus' Humectress Luxe Leave In Spray as press samples and kinda just shifted them to the side. At the time, this product didn't interest me and I was already using a leave in spray that I enjoyed - plus I don't enjoy writing about hair care products and try to avoid it when possible. Little did I know, I was casting aside a complete gem! I brought a bottle with me when I moved to Sydney, solely because I didn't want to take any half-used products with me, and I knew my hair would become a tangled mess while it transitioned from Pittsburgh's cold, rainy climate to Australia's dry heat. From the very first use, I was in love - this leave in spray is excellent! Nexxus' Humectress Luxe spray imparts a ton of moisture into the hair without being heavy or greasy. This fast absorbing leave in treatment helps detangle my knotty hair, leaving it smooth, shiny, and easy to brush - not a flyaway strand in sight. Despite it's hydrating qualities, Humectress Luxe is next to weightless, I can even use it close to the roots of my hair without any significant loss in volume, though it can cause my fringe to separate, so I tend to avoid that area. I find that a little goes a long way with this product, and I only need between three to five spritzes to coat my long, thick hair - even after nearly a year of frequent use I still have a little bit left! This leave in treatment has a light but delicious coconut scent that lingers softly in the hair for a couple hours after use.

I don't know a ton about how hair products are formulated, so I won't harp on or criticize Nexxus on Humectress Luxe's formula. I will, however, tell you that this leave in treatment contains silicones, which many people like to avoid in hair care (though other's will swear by it). Glycerin seems to be the main moisturizing ingredient in this leave in spray, though coconut and avocado oils, as well as honey are also included (though not in significant amounts). That's about all I feel qualified to talk about - I think I need to start doing some research!

I was, and still am, surprised at how much I love Nexxus' Humectress Luxe Leave In Spray! This leave in treatment detangles and moisturizes without adding any weight to the hair, and it's sleek packaging is as functional as it is attractive. For what it is, a simple leave in conditioner, Humectress Luxe is on the pricey side, but not so expensive that it'd stop me from treating myself to another bottle. Don't make the same mistake I did - try Nexxus' Humectress Luxe Leave In Spray soon.


Ingredients;
Water (Aqua, Eau), Amodimethicone, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, PVP, Polysorbate 20, Cetylpyridinium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Dmdm Hydantoin,Trideceth-12, Cetrimonium Chloride, Benzophenone-4, Disodium Edta, Triethanolamine, Limonene, Citronellol, Coumarin, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut Oil), Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Myristic Acid, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Honey Extract (Mel, Extrait De Miel), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterols, Alpha-Glucan Oligosaccharide, Ceramide 3, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Tocopheryl Acetate.

Disclosure:
This product was sent to me by FreeBeautyEvents.com in exchange for promoting their website. My opinion on this product was not influenced by Free Beauty Events or Nexxus.

Leave a Comment

  1. This leave in spray sounds lovely. I definitely need to step up my hair care game, I am fair too lazy when it comes to anything to do with getting my hair to look decent.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you. I'm a ponytail and go kind of girl.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...