Out with the Old - December 2016 Empties




December was a big month for empties for me! I finished up 14 products this month - many of them day to day staples with a few more interesting products interspersed through. As always, the products I've repurchased, or intend to buy again in the future will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to see what I tossed out this month.

Garnier Fructis Nutri-Repair Shampoo
A pretty basic drugstore shampoo. While I doubt it nourished and repaired my hair, it did clean it well. I don't think I've tried any Garnier hair care products, and I don't think I will be in the future - it just doesn't appeal to me as a hair care brand.

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Conditioner*
Though it's not the best I've ever tried, I do quite like L'Oreal's Extraordinary Conditioner. This thick, rich conditioner assists in detangling my knotty hair, and imparts enough moisture to leave it soft and manageable.

Lush Caca Rouge Henna Hair Color*
I go through two or three blocks of Lush's Caca Rouge Henna each year. This hair dye gives me my perfect shade of red, and it lasts ages - I only touch my roots up every 2-3 months. I'll continue to purchase this hair color for years to come - I'm staying red!

Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo*
It's rare for a month to go by without a can of Batiste Dry Shampoo in my empties. I don't think I have anything new to say - this dry shampoo is effective and affordable. I picked up a can in a different scent recently, just to try something new, but in the end I'll probably end up going back to the cherry scent - the can is just too cute.
Banana Boat SPF 30+ Sport Sunscreen
I wasn't much a fan of this sunscreen. The formula is heavy and greasy, it melts off, and it has at least one questionable ingredient. I flew through this tube and honestly I'm glad it's gone. Certainly not a repurchase.

Dettol Rose&Cherry in Bloom Soft on Skin Hand Soap*
A slight change from an Out with the Old regular - my same preferred hand soap in a different scent. This gentle and effective hand soap is a constant repurchase, and from now on I'll probably alternate between Cucumber Melon and Rose&Cherry, both smell incredible. 

Nivea Creme*
A life long staple for many, Nivea Creme is actually the most effective treatment for my mild eczema. This thick, buttery cream soothes the dry, itchy patches quicker than anything else. I'm going to need to pick up another tin asap.

Woolworth Select Nourishing Nail Polish Remover 
A no-frills nail polish remover that got the job done. Nothing more to say about it. I had a few more dollars at my disposal and upgraded to a Cutex remover, but I'd buy Woolies' version again if I was in a pinch.

Bath&BodyWorks Fresh Strawberries Pocket Bac
Yinz know I love my Bath&BodyWorks Pocket Bacs! The Fresh Strawberries scent has passed in and out of my collection over the years, and I always enjoy it's sweet, realistic strawberry scent. I have a few more Pocket Bacs in my stash, and when I go through them, I may pick this scent back up again. 

Garnier Intensive 7 Day Repairing Lotion*
The Intensive 7 Day Repairing Lotion is so simple and lightweight, yet so moisturizing! This thin lotion leaves my skin extremely smooth, soft, and hydrated - plus it smells delightful. One 400ml bottle lasts me months at a time, so don't expect to see my next bottle any time soon.
Olay Complete Defence SPF 30 Moisturizer*
I recently switched from Olay's Complete Moisturizer, to Complete Defence, and I don't regret the change at all! This is a lightweight daily moisturizer with effective SPF 30 protection. I've started my review, and it should be up any day now! I recently picked up my second bottle, and I think I'll continue to purchase.

Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water*
One of my forever repurchases! I love Garnier's micellar water so much that I don't even bother to try other makeup removers anymore. Gentle, effective, and cost efficient - it's everything I could want in a micellar cleanser. 

Formula 10.0.6 No Time To Shine Mud Mask*
I picked this clay mask up on a whim, and it quickly became a staple in my routine. This salicylic acid laced mask is great for all-over oil control, or as a spot treatment. I have a review coming up, and you can bet that I've already repurchased. 

Proactiv Revitalizing Toner
My first Proactiv product and I was a little underwhelmed. I'm not quite sure why this acid toner didn't work for me - the ingredients were great, but they just didn't seem to take effect on my skin. I'm trialing a few new Proactiv products right now, but I don't think I'll be coming back to their Revitalizing Toner.

My beloved Fully Charged Mascara finally ran dry. Fully Charged is a fantastic mascara that gave me massive, dark, long lasting lashes. This is my new favorite mascara, and unfortunately it isn't available in my current country but I have a tube waiting to be shipped over from home.

What have you finished lately?


Disclosure
Products marked with a ^ were sent to me as a press sample.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...