Out with the Old - November 2016 Empties

I had an average month for empties, finishing up eight products, which is my new normal. November was a month of finishing up the products I use every day - moisturizer, shampoo, eyeliner - nothing out of the ordinary. Click through for more insight on what I finished this month. As always, the products I've repurchased will be marked with an asterisk (*).

Olay Sensitive Skin Moisturizing Cream*
I had originally picked this moisturizer up for Dean. It offered a great simple formula to help combat the dryness on his forehead. After running out of my fancier night time moisturizers, I gave it a try, and it's all I've been using lately. This moisturizer is cheap and effective, I just wish it wasn't in a jar. We're already into our next pot.

Dettol Cucumber Melon Soft on Skin Hand Soap
A new staple in my empties, this foaming hand soap has shown up every month for a while now. I have nothing new to say about it - it works, it smells like watermelon Jolly Ranchers, and it's just $3. Good shit. 

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Shampoo*
This oil infused shampoo is just grand. L'Oreal's Extraordinary Oil Shampoo cleanses my hair effectively and leaves it satiny smooth and hydrated. I've raved about this shampoo a couple of times now, yinz know how I feel. I'm already well into my next bottle.

Neutrogena SPF 50 Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen*^
Another product I won't stop going on about! Neutrogena' Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreens are excellent in my opinion. This sunscreen has a thicker consistency than most, yet it doesn't' feel even the slightest bit greasy or sticky. More importantly, Ultra Sheer offers extremely dependable protection from the sun. I know I can trust this sunscreen to keep me sunburn free. I picked up a different sunscreen after finishing this tube, but I plan to return to my beloved Neutrogena SPF asap.

Dove Nourished Beauty Advanced Care Deodorant^
I'm not really a fan of stick deodorants - I hate the feel and the residue the leave behind. That being said, Dove's Advanced Care Deodorants do work well enough at blocking odor and reducing sweating. What really impressed me is how long one of these solid deodorants lasts - I used this product pretty much daily and it lasted me SEVEN months! I've since moved on to a different Dove deodorant, and wouldn't repurchase.

Bourjois Almande Defile Glossy Lacquer
I picked this pistachio green polish up in a Priceline bargain bin many months ago because it matched my bikini perfectly. That's the only good thing I have to say about it - otherwise this is one of the absolutely worst nail polishes I've ever had the misfortune of trying. Almande Defile is goopy, thick, streaky, sheer....should I keep going? I think you get the point, it's God awful and it's going in the garbage where it belongs.

Marc Jacobs Blacquer Highliner Pencil
Initially I adored the creamy, pigmented Highliner Pencil, and even had the desire to buy a full sized version once I finished the mini that came in my Sephora birthday gift. Alas, Marc Jacob's pencil liner dried up on me and lost it's color payoff. I still forced myself to finish it, but it wasn't an enjoyable experience.

I believe this is my third travel sized pack of Simple's Cleansing Facial Wipes, and it won't be my last. These are the second best facial towelettes I've ever used (after Balea's 3-in-1 cloths). I like to keep a mini pack in my bag for makeup emergencies, so I plan to pick a few packets up during Priceline's next sale. 

What have you finished lately?


Disclosure
Products marked with a ^ were sent to me as a press sample. 

No comments