Neutrogena HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser Review




Neutrogena says their HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser "gently cleans with self-dispensing luxurious foam. The rich, cushioning lather effectively removes impurities while hydrating agents add back moisture revealing clean, soft and healthy looking skin." This foaming face wash, which seems to be sold only here in Australia, contains 5 fl oz (150ml) and retails for $14.99AUD, though I was lucky enough to snag it for $8 during a sale. Neutrogena is not cruelty free. The HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser was made in South Korea. 

I have to admit, this cleanser's packaging is what drew me in - yinz know I'm a sucker for anything blue. This cleanser first caught my eye way back in April and I swear I snuck a peek at it during every dash into Priceline! Silly, I know. Anyway, moving on. Neutrogena's HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser comes in a cylindrical blue bottle topped with an aerating pump that fluffs the liquid cleanser into foam. The pump is smooth and efficient, easily dispensing exactly the right amount of product per cleanse. Product information, including an ingredient list, is printed on the bottle in slightly difficult to read white lettering. Packaging is recyclable. 
October was an ugly month for my skin. I was left broken out by a cleanser that just couldn't cut through my SPF, leaving my skin spotty, congested, and dull. I was desperate for something more effective, and ended up giving into my urge to try the HydroBoost Moisturizing Cleanser - and I liked it right off the bat! Within two days, this fluffy foamy cleanser started to work it's magic, and my acne began clearing up. Of course, this frothy face wash isn't a miracle worker, and I still have the odd pimple - the point that I'm trying to get at is that it provides an effective cleanse. Neutrogena's HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser's soft, airy foam whisks away sweat, oil, and light makeup without a problem. This frothy cleanser is just a joy to use as well - it feels fun! If you read my review of Essano's Rosehip Gentle Foaming Cleanser, you'll remember that I called it a joyless product, but I feel quite the opposite about HydroBoost! Every cleanse feels like I'm washing my face with a cloud, and it rinses so easily, leaving behind no residue at all. Like the majority of foaming cleansers, this cleanser can be ever so slightly drying - at this time of year (summer, aka oil slick season), I don't mind so much, but I'd definitely discontinue use come the colder months. 

Despite it's name, the HydroBoost Moisturizing Cleanser is not for dry or sensitive skin! I only recommend this cleanser for normal, combo, and moderately oily skin types that want to wash away oil without parching the skin. Actually, I think this is a great cleanser for teenage skin - it does a decent job at preventing breakouts, it's capable of removing makeup, and it has enough novelty factor to keep the user engaged. 

The formula is actually pretty good for a drugstore foaming face wash! Neutrogena's HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser is mostly made up of water, glycerin, and a handful of gentle cleansing agents like sodium laureth sulfate (the gentler, less problematic sister of SLS) and cocoamidopropyl betaine, a coconut derived surfactant. The rest of the cleanser is comprised of preservatives and miscellaneous ingredients - nothing worth mentioning, though those that avoid parabens probably don't want to try this cleanser. Neutrogena's HydroBoost Cleanser is fragrance free, but it does have a pleasant, mild soapy scent to it. 

I like Neutrogena's HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser! The packaging is very appealing, the formula is functional AND fun to use, and the price is quite reasonable! If you like a foamy face wash but are worried about the potentially stripping ill-effects of harsh surfactants, Neutrogena's HydroBoost is a good choice. Will I repurchase the HydroBoost Moisturizing Foaming Cleanser? Probably not, I'm too interested in Neutrogena's Gel to Foam Micellar Cleanser at the moment, but I do recommend it if it suits your skin type, especially if you're a teen on a budget.


Ingredients:
Water, Butylene glycol, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, polysorbate 20, Di-PPg-2, Myreth-10 adipate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropylamine Oxide, , Bisabolol, PEG-150 Distearate, France Methlyparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Magnesium Aspartate, Zinc Gluconate, Citric Acid, Ethylparaben, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methylisothiazolinone Copper Gluconate, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf extract.

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...