Pür Cosmetics Fully Charged Mascara Review




Pür Cosmetics' Fully Charged Mascara is an "anti-aging mascara that has a "magnetic" polymer matrix that wraps a positively charged elastic veil around each lash to instantly lift, separate and define each lash for long-lasting performance." This supposedly magnetic mascara contains 13ml (.44 fl oz) and retails for $22 at Ulta and Kohls. Pür Cosmetics is cruelty free. This mascara was made in Italy.
The Fully Charged Mascara has attractive, yet simple packaging. A long, black, rubberized tube bears the product name and a couple of claims in bold, silver lettering. Unlike a lot of rubbery packaging, this mascara tube hasn't proved to be a dirt magnet (get it), remaining good as new after months in my makeup bag! On the downside, it doesn't seem to be recyclable. 

I can't say that this mascara's brush is particularly unique. About an inch long, the brush is covered in numerous even lengthed traditional bristles. The density of this brush causes it to carry a lot of product, especially on the blunt tip, so you'll need to take care to wipe the excess off on the tube's stopper before application. The size of the Fully Charged brush has been kinda cumbersome for me - rarely does a day go past where I don't hit my brow bone or inner corner with this lengthy brush. Yet somehow the inconvenience is worth it...
Pür Cosmetics Fully Charged Mascara
Last year, I tried Pür's Big Look Mascara, and liked it well enough, but it didn't leave a lasting impression on me. When I received the press package containing the Fully Charged Mascara, I expected to like it, but I didn't think it would become my favorite mascara. But it has. Seriously, I think it has replaced Covergirl's Clump Crusher, which has been my go-to mascara for nearly four years. I love Clump Crusher's ability to give me massive yet separated lashes in just a few coats and Fully Charged does the same thing - but better! 

This 'magnetic' mascara has a somewhat wet, jet black formula that works absolute magic on my lashes. While I think the claims of having a magnetically charged, anti-aging formula are utter bullshit, I can't deny the beautiful lift and length that Fully Charged provides. Though this isn't the most volumizing mascara, Fully Charged does a pretty good job of thickening up the base of my lashes, while keeping the tips separated and fluttery - rarely a clump in sight! To put the icing on the cake, this mascara has impeccable wear. Never, in my four months of use, have I seen a single flake or smudge - and damn if it can't hold a curl all day long! Fully Charged has the dependable wear and curl maintaining abilities of a waterproof mascara without the hassle of removing it! A quick swipe of micellar water is all it takes to completely remove Pür's mascara. 

When it comes to formulation, Pür Cosmetics' Fully Charged Mascara seems pretty standard - a mix of waxes and emulsifiers with a spot of glycerin and nourishing panthenol (pro-Vitamin B5). Pür decided to market this mascara as anti-aging, but honestly, a small dose of two moisturizing ingredients won't really make a different in your lashes - but it likely won't hurt either. On the other hand, alcohol does make an appearance fairly high on the list, so those with sensitive eyes may want to be careful with this mascara. 
Pür Cosmetics Fully Charged Mascara
Finally, a mascara that's bumped Clump Crusher off of it's pedestal! I've become increasingly picky over the years, appreciating only the mascaras that can do something of everything - and do it well. I get big lashes in two quick coats, and I know that I can trust the formula to last all day long, no matter the conditions. Length, lift, curl, volume; Fully Charged does it all. I love this mascara and I don't want to be without it. Luckily, Pür Cosmetics is launching here in Australia in Myers soon, so I'll be able to repurchase another tube when the time comes. I highly, highly recommend Pür Cosmetics' Fully Charged Mascara - it may not be magnetic, but it is magnificent. 



Ingredients:
Aqua, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cyclopentasiloxane, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Alcohol Denat., Palmitic Acid, Nylon-12, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Triethanolamine, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glycerin, Polybutene, Biotinoyl Tripeptide-1, Panthenol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polyquaternium-10, Polyvinyl Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77499)

Disclosure:
This product was sent to me for review by Pür Cosmetics. This review was not influenced by Pür Cosmetics or any other third party. 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...