Out with the Old - September 2016 Empties




September wasn't an exceptional month for empties, really. I finished just nine products, almost all of them daily staples. Actually, now that I think about it, there isn't a single interesting product in the bunch.  As always, products I had a backup of, or will repurchase in the future are marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to see what I finished in September.
Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo*
My go-to dry shampoo for years, rarely does an empties post pass without a can making an appearance - or at least it seems that way. Now that the weather is getting warmer, I'm going through dry shampoo even faster, so as to prevent greasy, separated bangs. I picked up a new can yesterday - luckily I got the last can with the old design shown above - I hate the new one!

Pixi Correction Concentrate Concealer*
I bought this peach toned under eye concealer on my 21st birthday, and it has served me well. After near daily use, I finally finished it up - it only took me 3.5 years! I definitely need to make a trip to Sephora for another pot of this magical little concealer. 

Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer
I was generally underwhelmed by this moisturizer. The formula is very, very basic. Probably a great choice for sensitive skin, but not enough for me. 

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen SPF 30*^
My new favorite daily sunscreen for the body! The Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen feels lightweight while still providing effective sun protection. I repurchased the SPF 50 version for some extra protection now that Spring has rolled in.

Olay Complete Moisturizer SPF 15*
I've used this moisturizer for at least ten years, and I still love it, but now that I'm spending more time than ever in the sun, I need something with more SPF. I've upgraded to a daily moisturizer with SPF 30, but if my needs change, I could see myself going back to this one. 
Crest 3D White Radiant Mint Toothpaste
Normally I wouldn't include a toothpaste, but since I've written about this one before I thought I'd toss it in. I adored this toothpaste! It whitened my teeth a bit without causing sensitivity and it tasted delicious. This tube lasted me nearly six months as well! If it was available in my country, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat, but since it isn't I've gone back to my old staple - Sensodyne ProNamel.

Bath&BodyWorks Sonoma Sunflower Blossom PocketBac
I love the way Bath&BodyWorks captures the scent of sunflowers - it always feels so warm, and so accurate! This particular scent was part of last year's fall collection, but I wish it was permanent because I'd use it non-stop.

Bath&BodyWorks Paris Amour Shower Gel*
Paris Amour is my favorite Bath&BodyWorks scent, so when I needed travel sizes it's the scent I'd choose. I finished off this little travel bottle because it contained a long-discontinued formula and I was worried that it would go off if I saved it only for travel. I kept the bottle in case I do take a trip soon.

Hask Keratin Protein Smoothing Shampoo&Conditioner Samples*
I forgot how good Hask's shampoo and conditioners are! I've tried three and I love them all. The Keratin Smoothing Shampoo+Conditioner leave my hair feeling so silky, and it has a delightful fruity scent. I'm currently married to my L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Shampoo, but I'm tempted to cheat on it with a bottle of Hask shampoo. 


What have you finished lately?



Disclosure:
products marked with (^) were sent to me as press samples. 

Leave a Comment

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...