Priceline 40% Off Skincare Haul

 All of the skincare I brought with me back in April is starting to run out, and I was planning to restock later this week. I actually had a whole little treat yo self day organised for Thursday with the works - I'd pick up the shit I needed at Priceline, then peruse Sephora and Mecca before moving on to find a nice pair of black pants (after hitting Starbucks of course). I had a wrench thrown in that when I heard the Priceline had all skincare on sale for 40% off for three days only. While the sale did coincide with my plans, I figured a lot of popular products would be sold out. I mean, lets face it, there is no hell like Priceline during a sale - products fly off the shelves and what's left behind has often been opened and damaged. So I decided to cross off my must-get products today and went right out to the nearest Priceline. Click through to see what I picked up.

Essano is a new brand for me. Between rave reviews, an appealing aesthetic, and skin-friendly formulations, I couldn't help but be intrigued by this affordable brand. I needed to replace a cleanser, and was lacking a serum or facial oil in my routine, so I grabbed two rosehip infused products. 

 Essano Rosehip Gentle Foaming Facial Cleanser
Full Price: $14.99
Sale Price: $8.99

This sulfate free gel cleanser is meant to be quite gentle, and the reviews I've read say its rather effective! I tested it out right after coming home, and from what I can tell, this cleanser barely lathers, so I'm not quite sure why it's called a foaming cleanser. Either way, I do love trying new cleansers, so Essano's Rosehip Gentle Foaming Cleanser is probably the most exciting in the bunch for me.

Essano Rosehip Acai Berry Antioxidant Oil
Full Price: $19.99
Sale Price: $11.99

I've really missed having a facial oil in my routine, especially now that winter is in full force. This oil has just three ingredients - rosehip oil, acai pulp, and vitamin e - no fluff, no fillers. This antioxidant rich oil is a bit on the thick side, and seems to take its time sinking in, but it also seems to really lock in moisture. I'm not sure if Essano's oil will be a standalone product for me - it seems like more of something I'd mix into a moisturizer. Some testing will definitely have to take place. 
 Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 50 Dry Touch Sunscreen
Full Price: $14.99
Sale Price: $8.99

I was sent a tube of Ultra Sheer (SPF 30) earlier in the year and fell in love with the effective formula. Now that that tube is essentially empty, I figured it was time to repurchase, but with a higher factor of sun protection. As to be expected, the SPF 50 version does feel heavier than what I'm used to, but I'm fine with sacrificing a lightweight feel for added protection. 

Olay Complete Defence SPF 30 Moisturizer
Full Price: $14.99
Sale Price: $8.99

I'm a long timer user of Olay's Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15, but once again I wanted more sun protection. I decided to try the Complete Defence  Moisturizer instead, since it contains twice the amount of SPF for about the same price (sadly you get much less product). The texture of this moisturizer is pretty much identical to Olay's Daily Moisturizer. I think we're going to get along.

Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Mud Mask
Full Price: $8.99
Sale Price: $5.39

If you've read any of my empties posts in the last few months, you know that I already really like this mask! Deep Down Detox purifies and brightens my complexion without over drying. I've used six sample sachets of this mask so far, and I'm really excited to cross the full sized tube off my wishlist
Garnier Gentle Cleansing Milk
Full Price: $7.99
Sale Price: $4.79

I've had my eye on Garnier's Gentle Cleansing Milk for a couple of months now. I'm really open to trying non-traditional cleansers like balms and milks, but its difficult to find affordable ones at the drugstore. I'm not sure if I'm going to like this thin, lotion like makeup remover or not - alcohol is higher than I'd prefer on the ingredient list, but for under $5 I figured it couldn't hurt to try it. 

Sale Price: $8.39

The only true repurchase in the bunch - I can't be without Garnier's micellar water! This is my all time favorite makeup remover, I've been using it consistently for about two years. How much do I love this gentle yet hard working product? This is my sixth bottle (they last forever!). I don't think I need to say much more about this makeup remover - you've heard enough from me over the years. 
                                                                            

So there's my haul. Not a bad deal at all, I didn't pay full price for a single product! I love when Priceline offers these 40% off sales - its almost like paying American prices (one of the few things I miss about living in the States!). I have to admit, after seeing so many people post massive hauls of French pharmacy favorites from Bioderma, LaRoche Posay, and Avene, I'm feeling a little jealous! Maybe next time I won't have to relegate myself to the standard drugstore brands. That being said, I'm very excited to try everything I picked up today! 

I would've paid:
$95.93

But I ended up paying:
$57.53

Total Savings:
$38.40!

Share your Priceline 40% off Skincare Haul in the comments! 

2 comments

  1. I was totally expecting the prices to be insane because... 'STRAYA! I'm a little floored that the prices are+ only a little higher than they are here in the US. TBH I came in here thinking that the Garnier products were gonna be $18+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really varies brand to brand. Olay and Garnier's price increase is justified and easier to swallow. Maybelline, Revlon, and the like get a little dicey, but its usually higher end brands where shit gets crazy - for example, a MAC Lipstick is $17USD and $36AUD.

      Delete