Out with the Old - August 2016 Empties




August was a decent month for me, in terms of both empties and quality of life. I ended up finishing just over a dozen products, and a fair few of them are all time favorite, always have them in my stash products - the kind you see in my empties on a regular basis. A fair few samples also made their way into my empties bag this month. Click through for mini-reviews on everything I finished in the month of August. As always, products marked with an asterisk (*) are products that I'll be repurchasing, or already had a back up of.

Garnier's Micellar Water shows up in my empties every 3-4 months because the massive 400ml bottle lasts me ages even though I use it every day I wear makeup. I love this stuff, its one of the most dependable products I've ever come across and I'll continue to repurchase it for years! I recently found out my mum has been buying and using it as well. She wears much less makeup than me, but she has very sensitive skin and finds that this product doesn't irritate her at all. 

Lush Comforter Bubble Bar
The Comforter seems like one of Lush's most popular products, and I can understand why. This Bubble Bar's fragrance is wonderful - a rich, warm berry scent that manages to be surprisingly delicate. Unfortunately, I didn't love this Bubble Bar's formula - I felt it didn't produce quite as many bubbles as many of Lush's other offerings, so I doubt that I'll repurchase it.

Pacifica Sea Foam Complete Face Wash*
This was my third bottle of Pacifica's Sea Foam Face Wash. I used two bottles back to back three years ago and adored it, and I picked another one up on a whim before leaving the US. I forgot how much I love this cleanser. It's so gentle, yet very effective - plus how beautiful is the tube? I really, truly miss using this cleanser and I can't wait to repurchase it when I visit home.

Batiste Cherry Dry Shampoo*
Another product that makes frequent appearances in my empties, Batiste's Cherry Dry Shampoo is a daily staple for me. This dry shampoo keeps my bangs clean, matte, and looking good - without it they're a separated, greasy hell! I'm already half way through another can, so expect to see it again next month!

L'Oreal Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Conditioner*
This is a pretty decent conditioner, though it's not a miracle product. It moisturizes my hair, leaving it soft and detangled. I finished the matching shampoo last month and have already repurchased it, and I plan to repurchase the matching conditioner sometime this week.

Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser+Scrub*
This is another long time staple of mine - I think this is my fifth or sixth bottle of Olay's Pore Minimizing Cleanser+Scrub! A really nice exfoliating cleanser (it made it onto my list of favorite exfoliators!), I always come back to it if I don't know what other cleanser I want to buy. I'll definitely pick it up again in the future.
Dettol Cucumber Melon Soft on Skin Hand Soap*
I told you last month, we go through hand soap fast in this house! I picked up this Dettol foaming hand soap when it was on sale for just $3, and I think I've found a winner! We've since repurchased it the same Cucumber Melon scent (smells like jolly ranchers!), as well as another in the scent Cherry Rose for the kitchen. I don't think we'll be switching it up any time soon - especially since the large refill bottle is only $5.

Lush Cup-o-Coffee Fresh Face Mask
A Lush sales associate talked me into sampling this Fresh Face Mask, and wow was it disappointing. This coffee laced scrub/mask combo is SO harsh, and it smells way too potent, even for a coffee lover like myself. The sample was surprisingly generous and I got four masks out of it - enough to know that it isn't for me. 

Kmart Peppermint Green Tea Refreshing Face Mask
These Kmart mask sachets have been hit and miss for me, and this one was definitely a miss. I was hesitant to try it, since I avoid peppermint in my skincare, but I went ahead with it since the offending ingredient was so far down the list. Big mistake. I rinsed it off within five minutes to reveal irritated, red skin. I squeezed the rest out into the trash.

Kmart Vanilla Cinnamon Mineral Clay Purifying Face Mask*
On the other hand, this Kmart mask was amazing - my favorite of the bunch. I was equally concerned due to it's inclusion of cinnamon, but I had nothing to worry about. This creamy clay mask was soothing, cooling, and it helped to purify the skin while being slightly moisturizing - all while smelling incredible. I'll definitely buy this one again. 

Bath&BodyWorks Paris Amour Fine Fragrance Mist*
Paris Amour has long been one of my favorite scents from Bath&BodyWorks, and its been my go-to scent for the last four months. I flew through this mini Fine Fragrance Mist, and I'm a little devastated that it's gone. Bath&BodyWorks products are difficult to get in Australia, so I'm going to need a friend to hook me up with a Paris Amour fix.

Chantecaille Just Skin Tinted Moisturizer
I randomly swatched this tinted moisturizer at the Mecca Cosmetica in The Strand and I fell in love with the texture - it was so light, yet it had decent coverage, and the shade Alabaster seemed like a match. I requested a sample, and the enthusiastic sales associate told me it was one of her favorite products. I applied it the next day and loved it even more, until it oxidized bright yellow. I loved it even less when I found out that it costs $108 dollars. No thanks. Lovely consistency, but not for that kind of money!

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm*
Another spur of the moment sample. I'd wanted to try Clinique's Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm for a while, and it was love at first use. This gentle, fragrance free cleansing balm is incredible! This stuff gets every last speck of makeup off my face, and leaves my skin soft and soothed. It's now at the top of my wishlist!


What have you finished lately?



Leave a Comment

  1. I love that Bath & Body Works scent as well--I have both the fragrance mist and the lotion! I need to buy more of the Batiste dry shampoo as I'm about to run out again, but I think I'm going to try a different scent besides cherry this time. I like cherry a lot but sometimes it makes my migraines worse :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm using the Paris Amour shower gel at the moment. Love this scent so much.

      Have you tried Batiste's Blush scent? it's a light floral, much less pungent then the Cherry scent. <3

      Delete
    2. I don't think so. Thanks for the suggestion!!

      Delete
  2. You went through quite a bit! I'm totally failing at using up products lately, but I think September will be much better since I'm almost finished quite a few things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you! Most of these products were 90% done at the start of the month and just needed a couple more uses.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...