Products I've Hit Pan On - July 2016

A couple days ago I had a request for an updated Products I've Hit Pan On post, and I struggled to figure out how to go about it. When I moved back in April I left behind 75% of my makeup, bringing only my most beloved products with me, plus a few new products that I wanted to test. While its not quite a capsule collection, I don't have as many makeup choices as I once did and I'm relying on a lot of the same products day in and day out and making a dent in them quickly. Here's a little update on their progress.

This post is quite Pixi heavy! This British beauty brand once seemed prohibitively expensive to me (when I was 19 and working at Burger King for barely more than minimum wage) but over time it became one of my favourites - I walked straight to their display every time I went to Target and celebrated each time their products were included in Ipsy Bags. Now that three of my favourite products are showing a fair bit of pan, I really miss it's accessibility in America. Pixi is sold in Sephora Australia stores, and their UK based site ships worldwide, but the prices are nearly doubled! Anyway, moving on to the four products I've nearly finished. 

Pixi's Correction Concentrate has been in my collection for three years now. I use this creamy peach toned concealer every single day, and I'm just now polishing it off. The bottom of this corrector's glass jar is fully exposed and I'm scraping the sides to get at the last morsels of product. I think I'll get at least another month out of my jar, but I fully intend to repurchase Correction Concentrate, even at it's inflated price - its that much of a staple! 

Moving on to a product I can't repurchase, we have Pixi's Flawless Beauty Powder in Fair. This is the only pressed powder in my collection right now (I've been favouring loose powders lately), so it gets a good bit of use, both as a setting powder and a powder foundation on lazier days. After two years, I've finally opened up a large circle of pan, but there's also plenty of product left on the sides. Even though I reach for the Flawless Beauty Powder multiple times a week, I think I'll have this unfortunatley discontinued product in my possession for months to come. 

Though it's not everyone's cup of tea, Pixi's Subtly Suntouched Bronzer is the bronzer I reach for most often. I received this deluxe sample in an Ipsy Bag a long time ago (November 2013, I believe!). I've broken the packaging and the powder, and after repressing it, its now a thin layer of product with pan visible in a couple of spots. There's still a few months worth of product left I think, but when the time comes, I want to repurchase this subtle, satin finish bronzer. 

Benefit's Hoola Bronzer is a cult classic product for a reason. This soft matte bronzer is excellent for contouring and subtly bronzing fair complexions like mine. I've had this sample pan for what feels like forever - I don't even remember getting it! I've been slowly working through it over the years, and I have a lot of pan showing, and the powder is quite thin around the edges as well. Perhaps I'll finally finish this pan in 2016 (doubtful tho), and I don't plan to repurchase. I love Hoola as much as the next pale girl, but I can't imagine owning a full sized box - it would last me a lifetime! 

What products are you hitting pan on? 

6 comments

  1. For the longest time I hadn't tried Pixi either because it was the priciest drugstore brand. It's a really nice brand through. I love their eyeliners x

    Coco | The Beauty Milk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their eyeliners are some of my favourites!

      Delete
  2. Yaaaasss, bish! Pan those suckers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hardly ever pan powder products. I think I went through one face powder, the Rimmel Stay Matte, and that's it. Using up makeup, other than mascara, is pretty tough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its pencil liners for me, I fly through them!

      Delete