Guess Who Got Married?

Me and Dean! After eight years, 13 trips between our countries, and a significant change in plans, me and Dean finally got married on June 17 - a casual 6 months before we planned to! If you read any of my Wedding Planning posts, you'll know that I genuinely did not give a damn about the details. Flowers, napkins, and centerpieces never seemed like more than a waste of money to me, so when I ended up in Australia eight months earlier than we planned, I just said fuck it. We canceled the reception venue we had chosen back in October and moved our wedding date up to the closest availability. We married in a simple 10 minute ceremony at the Parramatta BDM Registry, in front of Dean's parents and sister, plus our five closest friends. The celebrant was sassy and straightforward, she really kept it all low key. Following the wedding, we parted ways with the family, and met a few more friends at Nando's for dinner, then headed back home. We partied with friends all weekend and had a great time. While it may not seem like much to most of you, after nearly a decade and so much immigration bullshit, this is exactly the wedding Dean and I wanted. Quick, easy, and just about stress-free - I only would've changed one thing - I really wish my mum and best friend Tom had been there. We plan to celebrate with them in a few months. Anyway, that's why I've been so busy lately, I should be getting back to my normal posts soon!

10 comments

  1. Awwwwwwwww!!! Congratulations guys!!! I'm so happy for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg yay!!!! Congrats on the wedding Mary and Dean!! Sometimes simple is so much better (and a hell of alot cheaper too!)

    I'm so happy for you guys and wish you both a lifetime of happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katy! Cheaper is an understatement - the wedding, my dress, rings, and our dinner after were under $800 AUD!

      Delete
    2. Dayum, that is cheap! If I looked up the conversion right, that's just under $600 US dollars, which is incredible! When my husband and I got married, we spent just over $1,000 and it was the perfect wedding for us. I don't see the need to spend pretty much what can be a down payment for a house on a flipping wedding.

      Delete
    3. $600 sounds about right. A grand is so reasonable for a wedding, and yours sounded very nice! Dean's cousin spent around $100K on her wedding and that seems so crazy for me - its just one day!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Both of you are dorks.

      Congratulations on your legally binding friendship agreement. I wish you all the best!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, but I must point out you're also kinda a dork. <3

      Delete