Simple Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes Review

Simple's Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes "keep your skin feeling clean and instantly hydrated everywhere you go. The on-the-go wipes use skin-loving ingredients and triple purified water that gently cleanses while instantly hydrating your skin. Micelles, our smart cleansing bubbles, attract and lift make-up and impurities out of your skin without leaving it dry or tight. Simple Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes contain no artificial perfumes, dyes, or harsh chemicals, so all you feel is healthy, clean skin."  Each packet of these makeup remover wipes contains 25 wipes and retails for around $7.99 at drugstores and major retailers - I got mine in a Target Beauty Box. While Simple products contain no animal derived ingredients, they aren't truly cruelty free because their parent company, Unilever, continues to test on animals. Simple's Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes are made in the UK.

The Simple Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes come in a white pouch with a strong sticky flap that always stays closed! This attractive, clean looking packet offers plenty of product information in both English and French, as well as an ingredient list. Inside the pouch, you'll find 25 stretchy, soft, durable wipes that measure 18x19cm (7x7.5in). From first wipe to last, every single Micellar Makeup Remover Wipe was thoroughly saturated with solution - not a single dry wipe in the bunch! While there is no mention of the individual cloths being recyclable or biodegradable (they are not flushable though!), the exterior packaging is recyclable.

I wasn't sure if I was going to like Simple's Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes because I typically dislike face wipes and I definitely didn't enjoy their Micellar Cleansing Water (ouch!), but at the same time I've really enjoyed Simple's Cleansing Facial Wipes in the past. Turns out, these micellar water infused wipes are pretty great! These fragrance free face wipes are surprisingly effective, removing at least 90% of my makeup - enough to get by on in a pinch, or count as a decent pre-cleanse. Waterproof products and stubborn lip products will require a separate product to completely erase their presence. Unlike the matching micellar water, Simple's Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes are quite gentle; they don't burn my eyes or leave my skin feeling stripped or tight.

Simple's Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes have an extremely simple formula! The micellar solution is mainly comprised of water and a gentle cleansing agent called cetearyl isononanoate, and souped up with Vitamin B5. Hydrating glycerin and Vitamin E also make an appearance on the ingredient list in a very small (>1%) concentration, with no other note worthy ingredients present. These cleansing cloths are fragrance free and don't contain any drying alcohols or problematic ingredients, making them a great choice for sensitive skin. I can't help but notice the main ingredients are quite similar to the brand's equally good Cleansing Facial Wipes, so you could likely use the two products interchangeably.

Rarely do I ever rely on a makeup remover wipe to take off all my makeup and cleanse my skin - unless I'm sick, drunk, or traveling I will always double cleanse with a dedicated makeup remover and a proper cleanser. That being said, I do like Simple's Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes for on the go makeup removal, or as a quick and refreshing "cleanse" on a hectic and sweaty journey - these wipes saved me during my 30 hour flight to Sydney! Unfortunately, these makeup remover wipes aren't currently sold in Australia, but if they ever become available, I'll likely buy a packet to keep on hand! If you have sensitive skin and want a reasonably priced makeup remover wipe, try Simple's Micellar Makeup Remover Wipes - I don't have a single bad thing to say about them!



Ingredients:
Water (Aqua, Eau) (Solvent), Cetearyl Isononanoate (Emollient), Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Glycerin (Humectant), Sodium Citrate (Buffering Agent), Ceteareth-20 (Emulsifier), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Ceteareth-12 (Emulsifier), Benzoic Acid (Preservative), Dehydroacetic Acid, Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)

5 comments

  1. I haven't tried these particular wipes, but I do like the ones in the green package that you also mentioned. I have the micellar water too, but haven't tried it yet. I heard it burns people's eyes, which is really strange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it burns my eyes pretty badly! I really struggled to finish my bottle, and it wasn't even that effective for me. The Garnier Micellar Water is much better.

      Delete
  2. I'm the same way when it comes to makeup wipes. They're good for when I'm on the go but I definitely need to use a proper cleanser afterwards. Glad to hear that these were much better than the micellar water, which I am not a fan of either.

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't get the hype around Simple's Micellar Water! I hope you like these wipes if you try them.

      Delete