Out with the Old - May 2016 Empties




Hey guys. As I'm sure you've noticed I'm still struggling to create some content - I just don't have the time or inspiration lately, but if there's one post I never miss, its my empties! I actually have a decent amount of products in my empties bag this month, considering my circumstances. A lot of products are constants in my stash, so they'll look familiar, but there are a couple new products mixed in as well! As always, products I plan to repurchase, or already had a backup of will be marked with an asterisk (*). Click through to see what I'm tossing out this month!
More often than not my empties post will include a can of Batiste Dry Shampoo! This dry shampoo is so dependable and the packaging is adorable. I picked up a new can already and have put a good dent in it as well. I'm kinda thinking about trying Batiste's Vibrant&Red tinted dry shampoo next, but I'm hesitant. Have you tried it? Let me know how it is! 

Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Mascara^
I loved this mascara! The packaging is gorgeous, and the results are exactly what I'm after! Velvet Noir gave me huge, dramatic lashes in just two coats - I wore it almost nonstop since late January and nearly cleared out the tube. I noticed that Velvet Noir began flaking on me more frequently, so I decided it was time to part ways. I'd love to repurchase this designer mascara, but at $40Aud, I can't justify it.

Bliss No Zit Sherlock Oil Control Moisturiser
Generally speaking, I like Bliss products, but I was really disappointed by the No Zit Sherlock kit I picked up on my birthday. While I want to keep trying the other two products, I'm not at all into the Oil Control Moisturiser. This thin facial lotion balls up on the skin, and leaves my face feeling dried out. No good, it's going in the trash where it belongs.

Palmolive Lime+Mint Foaming Hand Wash
Another product I wasn't a fan of was the Palmolive Lime+Mint Foaming Hand Wash. While the scent, which was a perfect mix of the two notes, was pleasant enough, this hand soap's formula was very drying and unpleasant. I was glad to finish it, and I'll be avoiding Palmolive's foaming soaps from now on. 

Nip+Fab's Glycolic Fix Pads have been a staple in my skincare routine for over a year, and I credit them with improving my skin a lot. While I intend on keeping these acid toning pads in my arsenal for a good long while, I'm going to have to hold off on repurchasing the Glycolic Fix Pads for a while. Why? They're $35. Almost triple the price they are in the US. It's crazy, so I'll need to save my pennies and depend on Pixi's Glow Tonic for a while. 
Garnier Intensive 7 Day Lotion*
This is such a great basic body lotion! Hydrating, lightweight, with an incredible smell - you can't get a better lotion for under $10! I finished my 400ml bottle and ran out to Priceline to repurchase the very next day! I never want to be without this stuff, though I wouldn't mind having a more luxe lotion in my cabinet for days that I want to feel fancy. 
Another staple for 5+ years, Lush's Caca Rouge Henna makes frequent appearances in my empties posts. On average, I use two blocks a year, but recently I had to use up a whole block in one go. I typically use 2.5 to 3 squares per dye, but after a mishap I had to completely redo my color. It was a miserable experience - anyone that does henna knows how restless you feel, sitting there with a hot paste in your hair and plastic wrap around your head for six to eight hours. It sucks, but the results are always good. I'll pick up another block when I need a touchup in 2-3 months. 

Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Mask*
I've been experimenting with Formula 10.0.6 products lately, and after enjoying their No Time to Shine Mask, I decided to pick up a couple sample sachets of the Deep Down Detox, a citrus infused clay mask that firms and brightens while it detoxes. I have one more packet left, and I think I'll end up grabbing the full sized version next time Priceline has a sale! 

Kmart Mixed Berries Nourishing Face Mask 
My roommate's lovely girlfriend Nicole gifted me several face masks from Kmart Australia, and the first one I tried was the Mixed Berries Nourishing Face Mask. This cream mask was very moisturizing, and left my skin with a fresh glow and toned bounce. This affordable mask had surprisingly nice ingredients, and the packaging was really appealing, almost Lush-like in aesthetic. Good stuff! 

What have you finished lately?


Disclosure:
Products marked with a ^ were sent to me as press samples

Leave a Comment

  1. I haven't tried the red tinted version from Batiste, but I have tried the brunette. The part that goes on your head is great, just as reliable as the original version. However, it leaves a fine mist of color pretty much everywhere. I walked away from where I stood applying it and it was on my counter and big semi-circle on my floor, as well as my shoulders. I'm sure this is the case with most dry shampoos, but when they're not tinted, its a little less glaring. You could probably put towels down and over your shoulders, but that just seemed like extra work when I could use the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I think I'll be sticking with the original formula. Thanks for the info though!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...