New Discoveries - May 2016

My struggle to find inspiration and motivation has continued well into May. I'm finding new products that I love, but I have no desire to write about them, at least not extensively, so I figured I'd do another New Discoveries post to fill the gap while I get my shit together. I've had a big change in life, what with moving around the world and shifting from two part time jobs to living the housewife life, and its difficult to find a balance between keeping the house sorted, making dinner, my social life, and the blog - plus the daily distraction of playoff hockey doesn't help either! Anyway, my point is is that I'm trying, but not very hard if I'm honest - I want to get back on track, but right now the blog just isn't my main focus (I'll tell you why in a few weeks!). Here are the products I've recently acquired and really like, you should see full reviews on them eventually. Click through for my initial thoughts on these five beauty bits. 

Korres Nourishing Hair Mask* 
$25/125ml 
My most recent acquisition is the Nourishing Almond and Linseed Hair Mask, my first ever product from Korres! This dense hair mask imparts a good bit of hydration and the hair, leaving it looking shiny and healthy without adding too much weight. The almond and linseed scent is impressively potent - I can smell it as soon as I open my bathroom cabinet, so that's definitely a thing to keep in mind before purchasing, especially if you're scent sensitive. 

Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation
$18.95/30ml
Is it me or does Rimmel reformulate their Match Perfection Foundation every other year? I'm not even exaggerating, I mean it seems like there's a new formula literally every two years! I didn't love the old (2012ish) formula, but loved the previous (2014) formula and I was worried I wouldn't like the 2016 edition of Match Perfection, but its actually the best formula yet! The texture is a little thicker than it used to be, so it adds just a bit more coverage, but it still is so comfortable and easy to work with. The shade Light Porcelain (10) matches me wonderfully, even better than it did before! I haven't reached for another foundation in at least three weeks! All I need is Match Perfection!

Malin+Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer 
$72/118ml 
Malin+Goetz's aesthetic appeals to me so much, so when I saw a deluxe 40ml sample sold along with the April issue of Marie Claire Australia, I pounced! This lightweight moisturizer offers a simple but effective formula that suits both the face and hands - just an all around great multitasking moisturizer. There's not much to say honestly, the Vitamin E Face Moisturizer is a solid, no frills product that does what it says it will. The issue of Marie Claire was much less exciting. I learned a lot about sex blogging , but I probably won't be delving into that industry anytime soon though.

theBalm Balm Desert Blush* 
$29/6.3g 
I've heard so much buzz about theBalm's Balm Desert Blush/Bronzer/Eyeshadow that I couldn't resist snatching it up when I did my birthday shopping last month. Balm Desert looks so ugly in the pan, like a dirty puddle, but it looks absolutely lovely on my fair skin as both a blush and an eyeshadow. This multi-purpose powder is highly pigmented, and its easy to go overboard, especially on the cheeks, so a slow and careful application is required if you're as pale as I am; but the results will be more than worth the extra time spent. 

Sally Hansen Hat's off to Hue Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish*
$14.95/15ml 
I was finally able to grow my nails out to a decent length, and I'm taking advantage of it! I have a new found addiction to nail polish, so when a friend and I popped into Priceline to pick a gift for his girlfriend, and he offered me a small treat for my help, I ended up picking up this pretty (albeit stupidly named) lavender shade! It's actually my first time trying a Complete Salon Manicure Polish from Sally Hansen, and so far I'm impressed! On both fingers and toes, Hat's off to Hue has been damn near bullet proof, without being difficult to remove!


What's your latest beauty discovery? Share in the comments!



Disclosure:
Products marked with an asterisk (*) were given to me as gifts. 

10 comments

  1. Totally hear you on the balance thing! It's so hard finding time to blog when there's cooking, cleaning, other work and life in general getting in the way, haha. I need to try The Balm products, I have hardly anything from the brand :)

    Di from Max The Unicorn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most theBalm products are excellent - the blushes are a great place to start though! I have Hot Mama as well as Balm Desert and they're both true favorites.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gooooddddd Rimmel is so expensive in AU. Whyyyyy!

    I'm really looking forward to whatever sneaky announcement you're gonna tell us in a few weeks! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of the cheaper drugstore brands, unfortunately. Revlon foundations are like $30. Luckily, Rimmel is almost always on sale - I only paid like $11 for my bottle of Match Perfection.

      You'll know before most, you'll see it on Facebook or Snapchat or something. <3

      Delete
  3. I feel you on finding balance! It's been a struggle for me too with my blog. I have alot going on with life (something I'll be talking about in a few weeks too lol) and it's just craziness here man! I hope things are overall good for you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed a decline in your content and kept considering messaging you to make sure everything was ok, but I also didn't want to pry. Things are ok for me, I hope they're ok for you too. <3

      Delete
    2. You totally wouldn't be prying! Feel free to message me if you want to!

      Delete
  4. Hats off to hue for this post n.n

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to get my hands on Balm Desert - I think it'd also make a great blush for me. I'm a redhead, pretty damn pale... So here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it out! I'm a pale redhead myself and it gives such a nice flush - like you've gotten just a bit too much sun.

      Delete