Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch SPF 30 Sunscreen Review

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen
Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen "feels like you have nothing on, but offers broad-spectrum protection to help prevent sun damage. This dermatologist-tested formula uses Avobenzone to provide advanced protection against damaging UVA and UVB rays, along with Dry-Touch technology for an ultra-light, non-shiny finish. Fast-absorbing and waterproof, this non-oily formula is enriched with anti-oxidants to help skin fight the harm caused by environmental damage. Heavy sun protection never felt this light on your skin. This product features Helioplex, a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies that delivers superior protection from the sun." The Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen is available in SPF 30, 45, 55, 70, 85, and 100 - this review features SPF 30. Each bottle of Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen contains 3 fl oz (88ml) and retails for around $11USD (or $15AUD). Unfortunately, Neutrogena is not cruelty free. This sunscreen was made in Canada.

I'm a fan of this sunscreen's packaging! Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen comes in a standard opaque squeeze tube that offers the product name and a couple of claims on the front of the tube, and a significant amount of product information on the back, including directions and a full ingredient list. The squeeze tube format makes it easy to control the amount of product you dispense, and the compact size makes it portable - very beach bag friendly! Packaging does not seem to be recyclable.

Where's the best place to test out a sunscreen? Australia, of course. Even now in mid-to-late autumn, its quite sunny and warm most days, so I've taken the opportunity to put Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen to the test. Whether I'm at the pool, strolling through Sydney, or just hanging out the washing, I've been thoroughly slathered with this sunscreen day in and day out for 5 weeks and I can confirm that this is good stuff! The Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen is a white lotion that's slightly thinner and smoother than your average sunscreen, making it non greasy, easy to apply, and quick to fully absorb. As the name implies, this sunscreen isn't sticky or greasy to the touch, and it doesn't leave the skin looking shiny - nor does it seem to cause flash back in photos! But what's most important is efficacy - after over a month of daily use, I haven't had a hint of sunburn! Even in the harsh Sydney sun, Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen has provided my fair skin with complete broad spectrum sun protection! According to Neutrogena, this sunscreen is waterproof for up to 80 minutes, and I can believe it; I've spent hours in the ocean and our chlorinated pool with no obvious breakdown in protection. I'm beginning to make this sound like the ultimate sunscreen, aren't I? Sadly, it is not. While I love using the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen from tits to toes, I can't use this product on my face - it breaks me out terribly! My skin had been improving a lot since my move, but just two applications of Neutrogena's sunscreen have taken me right back to my starting point. My acne struggle is endless.

The SPF 30 version of Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen contains a mix of chemical sunscreens including Homosalate (15%), Octinoxate (7.5%), Oxybenzone (6%), Octisalate (5%), and Avobenzone (2%) - all excellent and effective ingredients! As for the inactive ingredients? They're pretty standard for a lotion/sunscreen, nothing really worth pointing out, good or bad. This sunscreen does contain a couple parabens, if you're the type of person that avoids them, and a small amount of fragrance, which appears right at the tail end of the ingredient list - its barely worth noting. The fragrance is clean and pleasant, like a much lighter version of your traditional sunscreen.

This sunscreen is great, in my opinion it has the ideal formula for daily body application, but I wouldn't recommend it for the face (Neutrogena offers several moisturizers with SPF and sunscreens specifically for the face). I know I can trust this product for day to day use, even in my bright, sunny, and warm environment, though honestly I'd probably like to use a higher factor when I go to the beach - 45 or 55 would be my preference. Will I repurchase the Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen? Oh, almost definitely (especially since it's on sale right now!), the product works and the price is perfect. If you're on the market for an affordable daily sunscreen, try this one from Neutrogena!


Ingredients:
Active Ingredients: Avobenzone 2%, Homosalate 15%, Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5%, Oxybenzone 6%. Inactive Ingredients: Water, Silica, Dimethicone, Adipic Acid / Diethylene Glycol / Glycerin Crosspolymer, VP-Hexadecene Copolymer, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Glycerin, Oat (Aveena Sativa) Kernel Extract, Squalane, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Cetyl Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Dipotassium, Glycyrrhizate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Tetrasodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance.

disclosure:
This product was sent me by freebeautyevents.com in exchange for promoting their website.

1 comment