New Discoveries - April 2016

While I have the desire to blog, I've felt painfully uninspired to write reviews lately. While I was shuffling through my stash this morning, preening for a sushi date with friends, I decided to pull out a couple of new-to-me products that I've really been enjoying! Click through for a closer look at the four products I've been taken by!

Nexxus Humectress Luxe Leave In Spray* 
$21.99/150ml 
I've received two bottles of this leave in spray as PR and I never really gave it the time of day because I already had a leave in that I loved, and honestly I don't like writing about hair care products (so boring to me!). However I tossed this leave in conditioner into my suitcase just a day or two before my flight and it turned out to be a great move! My hair goes wild when I come to Australia - it gets dry and tangled due to the extreme climate change, and the Humectress Luxe Leave In sorted me right out. This spray on conditioner is very thin and fluid, yet it supplies adequate moisture while preventing tangles. Plus, this product smells lovely - its quickly become an every day product. 

Formula 10.0.6 No Time to Shine Mud Mask
$8.99/100ml
For some reason, I've always written off Formula 10.0.6, I'm not sure why - maybe the colorful packaging felt too juvenile to me, but when I realised that I hadn't packed a clay/mud mask I knew I had to pick up something affordable - and fast! My skin was horrifically congested (30 hours on a plane will do that to you!), so I rushed to Priceline and found this mask for less than $10! The ingredients are pretty decent - it has both bentonite and kaolin clays, and a healthy dose of salicylic acid. While I don't love this mask for an all over application, I think it's an excellent spot treatment! The No Time to Shine Mud Mask pulls oil out like nobody's business, shrinking blemishes quickly and effectively. Good stuff right here - I may need to explore more of this affordable skincare brand. 

Neutrogena SPF 30 Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen*
$10.99/88ml 
Even though we're well into Autumn in Australia, it's still hot and sunny most days, so sunscreen is an absolute must! After years of devotion to Hawaiian Tropic sunscreens, I was a little resistant to trying something new, but I was pleasantly surprised by how much I like Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen! This SPF's formulation is light, non-greasy, and quick to absorb, providing broad spectrum protection for face and body without that strong sunscreen scent. Though I haven't fully put it to the test with a day at the beach, this sunscreen seems pretty effective - I've taken several long walks and a couple dips in the pool without a hint of a sunburn. What's most impressive to me about this affordable sunscreen? Dean doesn't hate it! This guy hates wearing sunscreen - the texture and smell of more standard SPF's bother him, but not Neutrogena's! I think a repurchase will be in order when I run through this tube - sorry Hawaiian Tropic (I still love you). 

Crest Radiant Mint 3D White Toothpaste
$5.99/200g

I've been using Sensodyne Pronamel tooth paste for years (I love it and recommend it highly, its helped my teeth a lot!), and never expected to change, but when my friend Tina slipped me a sample of Crest's Radiant Mint 3D White Toothpaste, I made the switch quickly! I've never really believed in whiting toothpaste, and though the 3D White Toothpaste is far from a miracle product, I have noticed whiter teeth without an increase in sensitivity. There is a little bit of grit to this toothpaste, but not enough to give it an unpleasant mouth feel, it actually feels quite fresh and pleasant during and after use. To top it off, the Radiant Mint flavor is really quite nice, its minty fresh without being as potent as many oral care products. I doubt I'll repurchase this toothpaste under my current circumstances - it costs $25AUD and needs to be imported, but it'll remain on my radar when I return to America.

What's your latest beauty discovery? Share in the comments!


Disclosure:
Products marked with an asterisk (*) were sent to me as press samples. My opinions and their inclusion in this post are not influenced by third parties. 

3 comments

  1. $25 dollar toothpaste? #ThanksTurnbull

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only that expensive because it needs to be imported from the US. Most toothpastes are $3-6 here depending on the brand.

      Delete
  2. The neutrogena stuff is good n.n

    ReplyDelete