Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream Review




Mario Badescu says "hyaluronic acid helps lock in the skin's own natural moisture without the use of heavy, greasy oils. Absorbent, medium weight cream for use day or night. Aloe based formula makes this cream suitable for all skin types, even sensitive". This hyaluronic acid infused eye cream contains 15ml (.5 fl oz) and retails for a reasonable $18 at Ulta or ordered from the brand's website. Mario Badescu is cruelty free. 

All of Mario Badescu's eye creams come in a simple white jar with the product name and brand logo printed on the front, an ingredient list and directions can be found on the back of the pot. While I think the packaging's design is very clean and unisex, I'm not at all in favor of jar style packaging for eye creams - it just isn't sanitary, all that exposure to air and less than sterile fingers will introduce bacteria and reduce the potency of ingredients. My personal belief is that all moisturizers and eye creams should come in squeeze tubes. On the bright side, packaging is recyclable. 

The Hyaluronic Eye Cream is a standard cream with a surprisingly greasy texture! This eye cream sits atop the skin, never fully sinking in, leaving behind a residue that's still detectable the next morning. While I've found Mario Badescu's Hyaluronic Eye Cream to be moderately hydrating, I can't say that I've seen any noticeable results after a month of use. If you have any issues you need to address, be they dark circles, lines and wrinkles, or significant dryness, you'll want to opt for a more active product than the Hyaluronic Eye Cream. 

Mario Badescu's Hyalruonic Eye Cream has a pretty bland ingredient list honestly. With a base comprised of water, glycerin, mineral oil, vegetable oil, and aloe it's hard to feel intrigued by this eye cream. The formula is souped up with two forms of moisture loving hyaluronic acid, safflower oil, and a decent dose of Vitamin E, but even still, it's a very simple, no-frill formulation. The Hyaluronic Eye Cream is fragrance free, and generally free of irritating ingredients - though those with aversions to mineral oil and parabens won't be too pleased. 

Mario Badescu's Hyalruonic Eye Cream is an affordable option for those with normal to slightly dry under eyes that don't have any specific needs to address. I'll finish off my extremely generous sample of this eye cream (I've been using an Ulta GWP for over 5 weeks now and I'm not even half way through it), but I wouldn't repurchase this product - it just isn't anything special. Mario Badescu's eye creams have never impressed me, and I'm trying to distance myself from the brand as a whole. I tried my best to be neutral in this review, even though I'm still a fair bit pissed about the whole Glycolic Acid Toner thing that went on a few weeks back. If Mario Badescu products suit you needs and budget, fair enough, but I think this will be my last review of their products. 




Ingredients:
Aqua (Water,Eau),Glycerin,Paraffinum Liquidum/Mineral Oil/Huile Minérale,Cetearyl Alcohol,Olus (Vegetable Oil,Huile Végétale),Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract,Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil,Petrolatum,Ceteareth-20,Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol, Hyaluronic Acid,Euphrasia Officinalis Extract,Tocopheryl Acetate,Propylene Glycol,Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer,PVM/MA Copolymer,Polyquaternium-24,Sodium Chloride,Diazolidinyl Urea,Propylparaben,Methylparaben,CI 19140 (Yellow 5),CI 15985 (Yellow 6)

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...