My Last Ipsy Bag - March 2016 Ipsy Bag - Hello Spring




March 2016 Ipsy Bag
I did it. After at least a year of contemplation, I canceled my subscription to Ipsy, and I don't regret it (though I do regret losing nearly 1000 ipsypoints). The contents of my bags have been less and less exciting, and increasingly irrelevant to my interests. No matter how many times I retook the Ipsy quiz, I still ended up with products I don't want, while watching other subscribers receive products I'd nearly die for. My nearly four years of subscribing to Ipsy was enjoyable, but my enthusiasm waned significantly from the start of 2016, and I knew it was time to quit - plus I'll be overseas for at least three months and won't be around to get my bags anyway. I think I'm going to try a new subscription when I come back to the US in the summer. Leave a suggestion in the comments if you have a favorite  beauty subscription.

For those of you who haven't heard of Ipsy, let me explain it quickly. Ipsy is a beauty subscription service that sends you 4-6 personalised beauty products, tucked into a new bag every month. Pricing is on the more affordable end of the beauty sub spectrum at just $10/month + free shipping.

This month, Ipsy partnered with a record breaking 38 brands and sent out over 40 products - more than ever before.

New Partnerships:
Zapzyt, Mellow Cosmetics, Evologie, Global Beauty Care, Aphrodite Skincare, Make Up For Ever, Vera Mona, Illamasqua, Organic Surge, NoTS, eSalon, DHC, Me Me Me, Nude Skincare,

Repeat Partnerships:
Marc Anthony, NYX, Temptu. Skone Cosmetic, Beau Gachis, Be a Bombshell, Nudestix, Crown Brush, First Aid Beauty, Zaija, Nourish Organic, Starlooks, Luxie Beauty, ModelCo, Pixi, Living Proof, Alterna, It Cosmetics, Pantene, Ofra, Manna Kadar, Margaret Dabbs, Essence, ColourPop,

Click through to see what came in my final Ipsy Bag...

 This month Ipsy sent out the same bag in three different color schemes - another first time for this subscription service! The nylon, zip top bags feature an abstract rose design - mine happens to be red with aqua detailing, but Ipsy also sent out a color reversed version, and a bag with a mint and coral theme. Nice, not something I'd pick for myself, but I'll keep it! The interior lining is a matching red color, as is the zipper and Ipsy logo embossed pull tab.
 Temptu Warm Glow Bronzer 
Deluxe Sample (7.5ml) - $32.81
Full Size  (8ml) - $35 

My Thoughts;
I enjoyed the Temptu highlighter Ipsy sent me last year, so I figured I'd like this airbrush compatible bronzer, but I don't think I will. The thin texture is easily blended, and the color is a nice, but the finish is very shimmery, bordering on glittery, which isn't really my style. I'm also a little confused why they gave us a "sample" that's only half a ml smaller than the full size. That seems a little silly? It really upped my bag's value though. 

The Claim:
Achieve naturally gorgeous, sun-kissed radiance with TEMPTU's multi-tasking Bronzer in Warm Glow. This universally flattering shade delivers sheer to opaque coverage without blotching or streaking. Using only a few drops, apply with fingertips, brush or sponge. For a healthy glow, apply Warm Glow Bronzer where the sun naturally hits the face—cheekbones, forehead, bridge of the nose and chin. For all-over luminosity, apply to neck and décolletage. Can also be applied to the lid of the eyes for added dimension.

The Offer:
Get 20% off at temptu.com with code IPSY20. exp 4/30/16 Beau Gachis Eyeshadow Brush
Full Size - $12

My Thoughts:
I didn't expect much from this brush because I've never heard anyone talk about Beau Gachis brushes, but this eyeshadow brush seems pretty nice! This synthetic eye brush is soft, but not too flimsy, and its the perfect size for my eyes. I will say that Beau Gachis' Eyeshadow Brush reminds me a lot of ELF's $1 eyeshadow brush, but a little more narrow. 

The Claims:
Beau Gâchis® Paris' Cosmetic Eyeshadow Brush enables beautiful, flawless application of loose and cream shadows. This handmade brush distributes pigment evenly and smoothly, and can be used to apply powder, liquid or cream products as well.

The Offer:
Get 20% off at beaugachis.com with code beautifulipster. exp 4/30/16
 NYX Pink Lust Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick 
Full Size - $7

My Thoughts:
I was never particularly interested in the NYX Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks, but I wasn't against trying one...until I pulled Pink Lust out of my bag. This shade is just not for me at all - its an extremely bright pink that clashes with my skin and hair, and it made my teeth look very yellow. While I'm sure Pink Lust would look beautiful on someone with darker skin, it looks gross on me. I also wasn't particularly fond of the formula, which felt kinda tacky and clingy to me. 

The Claims:
Doll up your lips with plush and vibrant color! NYX’s Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick glides on smooth and sets into a striking matte finish. Velvety soft and waterproof, this long-lasting lippie creates a positively polished look with every swipe.

The Offer:
Get 40% off of one NYX Be Gone! Lip Color Remover at nyxcosmetics.com with code NYXBEGONE. exp 4/30/16
 Marc Anthony Argan Oil of Morocco 3 Day Smoothing Cream
Deluxe Sample (50ml) - $2.25
Full Size (200ml) - $8.99

My Thoughts:
No matter how many times I say I don't want hair care in my bags, I get every Marc Anthony product Ipsy sends out. The Perfect Blow Dry Smoothing Cream is useless for me, as I rarely blow dry my hair, and when I do, frizz isn't really a problem for me. I'll be putting this product in my giveaway box.

The Claims:
A unique combination of ultra-light Mediterranean Olive Oil and Argan Oil – the ancestral beauty secret of Morocco - plus Shea Butter and our exclusive anti-frizz lock technology makes curls and waves desirably straight. Keratin deeply penetrates to strengthen while Vitamin E nourishes. Your hair will be glossy, ultra-smooth and full of body.

No Offer Skone Cosmetics Jet Black Tattooed Waterproof Eyeliner Pen 
Full Size - $20

My Thoughts:
The only product in my bag that I was truly excited for, and mostly because all of my liquid liner pens are drying out. This liquid liner is jet black as promised, and it's felt tip glides easily along the lash line. So far I'm impressed! 

The Claims:
Insanely Intense Tattooed Eyeliner has a liquid felt tip pen applicator that’s super easy to use to create lines, cat eyes, or wings. It’s waterproof, smudge proof and won’t run or feather. Literally lasts ALL day – even through a workout!

The Offer:
Get 10% off at skonecosmetics.com with code ipsyMarch2016. exp 4/30/16Pacifica Sugared Amber Dreams Body Butter
Deluxe Sample (30ml) - $1.87
Full Size (235ml) - $15

My Thoughts: 
I redeemed 250 Ipsy Points for this mini Pacifica body butter, as a little treat for my mum, who absolutely adores the formula and the scent! I think she'll be surprised and delighted to find it in her Easter basket. 
Total Value of my March Ipsy Bag:
$75.93

The value of my last Ipsy bag was quite high, but I only really liked two of the products. What an anti-climactic end to my time as a subscriber. I'm kicking myself for not using up all my points, but that's no one's fault but my own.

What did you get in your March Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

Leave a Comment

  1. Awww I'm sad to see you cancelled! I get it though, I've been back and forth for ages on whether to cancel or not. My last few bags I've been happy with, which is why I'm still subscribed. I'm just waiting for them to send me nail polish, which will make me flip out and definitely cancel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't liked any of my bags since December, and I told myself if I got three less than amazing bags in a row I'd quit, so I did. I do think I'll miss it though!

      Delete
  2. i swear i cancelled but i keeep getting bags. i have been a sub since the beginning and they have really gone downhill this year. totally agree with ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How strange! Are you getting charged for them? They have awesome products this year, but I can never get a good combo of them.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...