L'Oreal Pain Au Chocolat + Green Promenade Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow Review+Swatches

L'Oreal Colour Riche Mono Eyeshadows
L'Oreal's Color Riche Mono Eyeshadows will help you "celebrate vibrant self-expression with 15 cutting edge colors in matte and shimmery finishes. Experience cutting edge gel-to-powder technology and easy application inspired by makeup artists." While the Color Riche Mono Eyeshadows have been available in Europe for a couple of years, they only recently made their debut in the American drugstore earlier this year. While I was tempted to pick up nearly all of the fifteen available shades, I managed to restrain myself, and narrowed my selection down to two - Pain au Chocolat and Green Promenade. These single shades contain 3.5 grams of product and cost a reasonable $6 each. L'Oreal is not cruelty free. These shadows were made in the USA.
L'Oreal Colour Riche Mono Eyeshadows
 The Color Riche Mono Eyeshadow's gel-to-powder formula gives these single shadows a very unique texture! L'Oreal's new shadows feel like a rich, dense powder eyeshadow with a higher than average moisture content - it's different from anything else I've ever tried! This one of a kind consistency helps these affordable eyeshadows apply and blend effortlessly without producing any fallout. Because the Color Riche Mono Eyeshadows have the slightest emollient slip to them, they're best applied with a stiffer brush than a fluffier one, which would wipe these humid shadows on in a streaky, sheered out manner - I recommend using the Real Techniques Shading Brush, which is dense enough to pack the Color Riche Monos, but the fluffy tip will allow for easy and precise blending. Despite their elevated moisture content, these gel to powder eyeshadows work well with more traditional powder shadows, blending together seamlessly, as if there was no difference in formula at all. I get good enough wear from L'Oreal's single shadow, they don't fade, and when worn over a primer they last a good seven hours before they begin to crease.
L'Oreal's Color Riche Mono Eyeshadows aren't the most pigmented shadows on the market. Though it varies shade to shade, color payoff is very much in the middle of the road, and can be sheered out or intensified by packing on more product. While most of us love a good pigment packed shadow, sheerer eyeshadows like the Color Riche Monos do have their merits - they give the user a lot of choice. Speaking of choice, I also love the range of colors available! A few pops of color are available - two greens, a navy, and a gold - but most of the shades are neutrals with a twist. Everyday, wearable colors that somehow aren't too standard or boring.
Green Promenade is a jewel toned green with a frosted finish. My first instinct was to describe this shade as an emerald green, but I feel like it's too muted, and too influenced by blue-grey tones to deserve that description. Green Promenade is not as sheer as it shows in my swatch above, it actually has decent payoff, but it's one of those eyeshadows that swatches like shit, but looks lovely on the eyelid. As pretty and interesting as this smoky spruce hue is, I don't reach for it often. 
Pain au Chocolat is a beautiful grey leaning mink shade with a hint of a lilac tone and a twinge of a golden shimmer. This high shine shadow has a nearly metallic finish on the eye - its beautiful and so dimensional, making it great for one shadow looks. Rarely a day passes that I don't reach for this uniquely wearable neutral - I love colors like this! I thought, perhaps, that Pain au Chocolat could be a dupe for either Urban Decay's YDK or MAC's Satin Taupe, but I was wrong in both cases, but it does pair beautifully with either of them. Pain au Chocolat seems to be the most popular shade, and for good reason!
I like L'Oreal's Color Riche Mono Eyeshadows! Their innovative texture makes them fun and user friendly - I think this is the kind of product Almay's Shadow Softies wanted to be! Drugstore eyeshadows have been improving leaps and bounds over the last few years, and I think these new singles are evidence of that - they're easy to apply, they wear well, and offer easily customized color payoff - not to mention the tempting variety of colors! At just $6 a piece, I think L'Oreal's Color Riche Mono Eyeshadows are worth trying! I definitely intend to pick up a few more in the future.


Ingredients:
C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate – Talc - Phenyl Trimethicone – Perlite - Hydrogenated Styrene/Butadiene Copolymer - Alumina - Caprylyl Glycol - Lauroyl Lysine - Magnesium Stearate – Silica - Synthetic Fluorphlogopite - Tris-Bht Mesitylene. [+/- May Contain / Peut Contenir: Mica - Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide - Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides - Ci 77007 / Ultramarines - Ci 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide - Ci 75470 / Carmine - Ci 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake - Ci 42090 / Blue 1 Lake - Ci 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide - Ci 77742 / Manganese Violet]

4 comments

  1. I'm glad your review was a positive one! I can't wait to try out the ones I bought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them as much as I do! I look forward to your thoughts on them =D

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you like these so much! I'll actually have to buy some when I find them (I still haven't seen them yet!) I've never cared for loreal shadows, so it's good to hear these are good...I really like that green/grey one :)

    ReplyDelete