First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay Review




First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser
First Aid Beauty says their Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay "removes excess oils, unclogs pores and purifies the skin with a powerful combination of Red Clay, Rosemary Leaf Oil and botanical antioxidants. By drawing out the skin’s toxins, this clay cleanser controls outbreaks and reduces sebum production for a more balanced complexion. Pores will instantly appear smaller, and the complexion will feel deeply cleansed. This foaming gel cleanser removes make-up, dirt and grime. It is perfect for anyone with problem-prone, combination or oily skin or as a deep treatment cleanse for normal skin." The Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser contains 4.7 oz (134ml) and retails for $24 at Ulta and Sephora. First Aid Beauty is cruelty free. This cleanser was made in the USA.

The Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay comes in a simple squeeze tube with a twist off cap. The product name and a couple of claims are printed on the front of the tube; directions and ingredient list are available on the back. There's not much to say about this cleanser's packaging, its adequate but nothing out of the ordinary - though I do think the snappy red color really brightens up my sink top. Unfortunately, packaging doesn't seem to be recyclable.

First Aid Beauty's Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay is a thin red gel that works into a light, easily rinsed lather. This cleanser's consistency is pretty versatile, it be used with any cleansing tool, or just your hands, depending on your preference. Me? I use it with a konjac sponge. First Aid Beauty makes some big claims that just aren't true - no cleanser will "instantly" make your pores appear smaller - but that doesn't mean the Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser is an entirely disappointing product. This clay infused facial cleanser washes away excess oil without stripping or drying the skin. The Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser is also capable of removing light makeup, but it wouldn't be my first choice as a makeup remover - I always recommend pre cleansing with a micellar water or cleansing oil before moving on to a cleanser. While I don't have anything truly negative to say about the Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser's performance, after three weeks of use, I haven't really seen any impact on my skin. I still have some acne, and I still get a little greasy. I'm in the same place I were before I started using First Aid Beauty's Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser.

Much like the packaging, this cleanser's formula is fairly uninteresting. The Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser has a base of water, glycerin, and surfactants, augmented with a few skin spoiling ingredients like brightening licorice extract, green tea extract, allantoin, and the soothing feverfew extract. While all of those ingredients are quite nice, they won't really benefit the skin, due to the short time they actually spend on it's surface before this cleanser is washed away. What I find truly interesting about the Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay's formula is how little clay it really contains! The clay in question, illite (a type of potassium rich bentonite clay) is near the end of the ingredient list, so it's likely ineffective as well.  This alcohol and fragrance free cleanser turns out to be kinda underwhelming when you really look at it. Despite the exclusion of fragrance, this cleanser does have a slightly herbal scent to it.

I really want to love First Aid Beauty, but their formulas are are quite basic and uninspiring. FAB overstates their product's benefits and the ingredients they boast about are included in a minimal quantity, making their products overpriced in my opinion. The Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser isn't bad, it would be a decent choice for combo, acne prone skin, but drier skins would want to avoid this cleanser. If something about this product appeals to you, there's no reason not to pick it up, but if you want a cleanser with actual clay benefits, I suggest spending a couple more bucks on Borghese' Fango Purificante Clay Cleanser instead.





Ingredients:
Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer, Dipropylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Glycyrrhiza Uralensis (Licorice) Root Extract, Bisabolol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Illite, Potassium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, Mica, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491).

Leave a Comment

  1. So it's no good for my oily skin? ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'd be ok. You should keep using what you're using tho mate.

      Delete
  2. I have this cleanser in my skincare stash, and I have yet to use it. I normally am a fan of FAB products, so I hope I have luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really oily skin, think oil slick in the summer, and I bought this cleanser probably two years ago. I used it twice a day and I remember really loving it; however, I never bought it again just because the price was a little too high for my liking. At the time I bought it I was looking for a cleanser that would help with the oil and the acne I had without using any of the traditional acne treatments. I remember loving the gel consistency of this cleanser and loving how it left my skin clean but not stripped of moisture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it worked so well for you, but I agree, $24 is too much for such a basic cleanser.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...