Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo Review





Not Your Mother's says "I know you’re busy keeping up with that social life! So don’t waste precious time in the bathroom, just use Clean Freak. Get that perfect hair before everyone else. Expect more room on your social calendar because this salon formula dry shampoo will have you and your hair ready for a night out on the town." This drugstore dry shampoo is available in regular and unscented versions, in two size - full size (7 oz for $7), and travel size (1.6 oz for $3). Not Your Mother's Hair Care products are gluten free, cruelty free, and made in America.

The Clean Freak Dry Shampoo comes in a white aerosol can with green details. The Not Your Mother's logo and product name are printed on the front of the bottle; ingredients, directions, and a product description can be found on the back. The standard aerosol nozzle sprays a fine, even mist of product. No complaints about the packaging here! This dry shampoo's packaging isn't listed as recyclable, but the can feels like it's made of aluminum, so it likely is

I rarely stray from Batiste's dry shampoo, and when I do I usually regret it, but I've heard so many good things about Not Your Mother's dry shampoo, I figured it couldn't hurt to try a travel sized can. I like a lot of things about this dry shampoo - it's a dry spray that doesn't leave my hair wet or sticky, and it doesn't leave any buildup or residue in my roots. Clean Freak is also colorless and doesn't leave a white cast to my red hair. That's where the positivity ends though. I just finished this can of dry shampoo today  after months of sporadic use, and I have to say, this product does nothing for me. I mainly use dry shampoo to soak up excess oil, especially in my fringe, which has a tendency to get very greasy and separated, and Clean Freak just doesn't get the job done for me. Oil absorption is minimal, and this dry shampoo provides no added volume or texture to my hair. On top of being almost entirely ineffective, I also feel like Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo is overly fragranced with a strong floral scent that lingers in my hair all day.

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo was very disappointing for me, it really did nothing at all for my hair. I was really surprised at how ineffective Clean Freak was, because I feel like so many people rave about this dry shampoo. My hair does lean towards the oilier end of the spectrum, so this may work better for someone with a more 'normal' hair type, but I still don't recommend it. If you're looking for a drugstore dry shampoo, stick to tried and true Batiste.



Ingredients:
Isobutane, Propane, DS Alcohol 40B, Aluminum Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Isopropyl Myristate, Silica, Fragrance 

Disclosure:
This product was sent to me by FreeBeautyEvents.com in exchange for promoting their website. My opinion on this product was not influenced by Free Beauty Events, Not Your Mother's Hair Care, or any other third party. 

Leave a Comment

  1. I don't like this dry shampoo either! Batiste will always have my heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Preach! Tho the Eva NYC one is nice too!

      Delete
  2. At least it's not my mother's.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...