New Discoveries - February 2016




I've been trying a lot of new skincare this month, more than usual, and I wanted to give yinz a quick preview of the products that've recently entered my routine. I like to take my time with skincare reviews, testing each product for at least three or four weeks (longer if I can!) to check for reactions and gauge how well they work based on their claims, but I also want to give my readers a peek at what's to come. Click through for some thoughts on four of the products I'm currently testing.

Oz Naturals Ocean Mineral Facial Cleanser* 
4 oz/118ml - $22.49

I've been using this thin, sulfate free cleanser for a couple of weeks already and it's failed to leave any sort of impression on me whatsoever. It's just so....alright. The Ocean Mineral Facial Cleanser doesn't offer any interesting or obvious benefits - it doesn't even seen effective for makeup removal. Loaded with natural extracts, this aloe based face wash just stand out to me, plus it burns my eyes a bit. I'll have a full review up within a week I hope. 
Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Scrub 
2.5 oz/75ml - $9.99

On the other hand, Nip+Fab's Glycolic Fix Scrub made a strong first impression, but I've had a change of heart after a couple of uses. At first, I thought this multi action exfoliator was too harsh on a physical level, but it seems like the particles settled at the bottom of the tube, because after a couple of uses, its much gentler on the skin. The Glycolic Fix Scrub is interesting because it combines physical scrubbing action with AHA and BHA chemical exfoliation with a creamy, soothing base. I'll need to test this product for a bit longer, but I feel a positive review coming on. 
Exuviance Sheer Daily Protector SPF 50*
1.7 oz/50ml - $42 

Exuviance's Sheer Daily Protector isn't what I expected at all - but I do like it! I thought this was going to be an average SPF 50 sunscreen - white, thick, with a sunscreen scent, but it isn't like that at all..not even close! The Sheer Daily Protector is a thin, unscented, tinted fluid that sinks into the skin immediately. The tint isn't substantial and provides next to no coverage, but it does make an impact on the skin without being too dark for my fair complexion!
Borghese Hydrology ReStore Conditioning Lip Polish*
.5 oz/15ml - $12.50

I love a good lip scrub, but I'm not convinced that this one is good. The Hydrology ReStore Conditioning Lip Polish is more of a vaseline-like lip balm with a few random granules of sugar mixed in - hardly enough to give an effective exfoliation. That being said, the balmy base is quite moisturizing and leaves my lips looking and feeling good. 

Which product are you most interested in?


Disclosure:
Products marked with an asterisk (*) were sent as press samples. 

Leave a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...