February 2016 Ipsy Bag - Pretty in Pink

 I came home from running some errands and was surprised to find my February Ipsy Bag sitting on my desk! I hadn't received a shipping notice and lately I've been receiving my bag quite late into the month, so it was an unexpected delight to get it on the eleventh! I'm not quite as pleased with my bag's contents, but we'll talk about that later.

For those unfamiliar with Ipsy, this is a personalised monthly subscription that sends you a bag filled with 4-6 beauty products, ranging from samples to full sized, for just $10/month (shipping is included in the cost).

New Partnerships: Seraphine Botanicals, Naked Cosmetics. Mor, Perfect Formula, Bio-Oil, Ciate, Elizabeth&James, OGX, Bathhouse Soapery, Paula Dorf, Perfectly Posh, My Amazing Hair Secrets, Curl Keeper, It's a Ten, Curology, Skinfix

Repeat Partnerships: Trust Fund Beauty. Smashbox, Margaret Dabbs, ModelCo, Luxie Beauty, Chella, Jersey Shore Cosmetics, theBalm, Theorie, Dr. Brandt, Bella Pierre, It Cosmetics, Jo'Rel Parker, Josie Maran, Not Your Mother's, Tre'StiQue, Promise Organic, Vintage, Cake Beauty, Pure Brazilian

Click through to see the contents of my February Bag.

 February's bag is cute, but not my style. This zip top pouch has a textured front, bearing the imagine of a pixelated envelope with a little heart near the seal. The back of the bag is a bright pink, patent texture; the interior is lined with a nylon material of the same color. The bag is undeniably cute, very emoji-inspired - not something I'd carry myself, but I can see myself using it for photos.
 Trust Fund Beauty I'm Kind of a Big Deal Nail Polish
Full Size - $15

My Thoughts:
I was quite envious of everyone that'd received Trust Fund Beauty polishes in their bag, so I'm pleased to finally have one myself, though this carnation pink shade wouldn't be something I'd choose for myself. I swatched I'm Kind of a Big Deal on my pinky nail and was surprised by how opaque it was in just one coat! I'm really looking forward to this polish - I think I'm going to use it on my toes soon. 

The Claims:
Formulated with love in the USA and EU, Trust Fund Beauty is always vegan and cruelty-free. If you’re looking to minimize the toxic content you’re exposed to, and you believe you can be beautiful without being cruel, Trust Fund Beauty is the indie cosmetics company for you. This baby pink shade will let everyone know that you really are a big deal!

The Offer:
20% off at trustfundbeauty.com with code IPSY20. exp 3/31/16 Seraphine Botanicals Carrot+Rose Hydrating Cream 
Full Size - $19 

My Thoughts:
I've never heard of this brand before, and I wasn't sure if this was going to be a face or body moisturizer - according to the brand it's both, but after taking a peek at the ingredients, I'll be using it for the body only. This lotion has a light, milky texture that sinks in quickly and feels quite softening. The Carrot+Rose Hydrating Cream smells incredible, with a rose-berry scent that's just a little sour. I love it! 


The Claims:
A lightweight, hydrating cream formulated with glycerin, a natural humectant that helps soothe normal to combination skin by locking in moisture all day. This silky, comfortable cream can be used on the face or body to help nourish and protect your skin without leaving a sticky, greasy feeling.

The Offer:
30% off at seraphinebotanicals.com with code IPSY30. exp 3/31/16 Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
Sample (4ml) - $5.60 
Full Size (30ml) - $42

My Thoughts:
The idea of a primer oil seemed exciting, but really this is just a regular moisturizing facial oil. I don't know what else I expected it to be though? This oil has a nice, light, fast absorbing texture, but it smells strongly of lavender which I fucking hate. I'll give it a try, but I'm a little disappointed by this oil. 

The Claims:
Fall in love with your skin — before you put on makeup — with the first ever primer specially formulated in a lightweight, lustrous oil. This fast-absorbing hero blend of 15 essential and lipid-rich plant oils penetrate instantly to moisturize your face for seamless foundation application with a dewy, youthful finish. In fact, you might think twice before you reach for your makeup.

No Offer Naked Cosmetics Sierra Nevada Pigment 
Full Size - $14.99

My Thoughts:
I love a good golden tan shade, but I just don't dig pigments honestly -especially not thin, fine, glittery ones like this. I started to open the jar, but there was a sparkly puff of product before I got it all the way off. That was enough for me to know that I don't want this pigment - I'll be passing it on to someone else or including it in a giveaway in the future. 

The Claims:
Naked Cosmetics is the purest, most natural make-up that exists. Naked Pigments are 100% oxidized Mica, and do not contain talc, oil, wax or other fillers that can be harmful to your skin. It is 100% color to give you a pure product that is non-allergenic, non-perishable, and simply beautiful.

The Offer:
30% off at nakedcosmetics.com with code IPSY. exp 3/31/16 Margaret Dabbs Crystal Nail File
Mini Size - $8.75
Full Size -  $17.50 

My Thoughts:
I was really excited to receive this crystal nail file, as I've been using the same emery board for about ten years (I'm not exaggerating) and it's definitely time for a change. However, I have some strong sensory issues with ceramic and similar textures, and this nail file is a tactical nightmare for me. I hate the way it feels - it makes me cold and it makes my teeth hurt. I guess I'm going to train myself to be less bothered, but it'll be a process. 

The Claims:
The Margaret Dabbs London Glass Crystal Nail File is slim and elegant, but most importantly, effective to use. The Crystal Nail File will immediately provide a smoother, finer finish to your nails. The fine abrasive crystal finish protects the nails, making them less prone to splitting and can be used on finger and toe nails.

No OfferTotal Value of my February Ipsy Bag:
$63.34

I got a really nice mix of products in this month's bag, and individually everything seems like a good product, but nothing really capture's my attention. I don't know if I'm bored of Ipsy or if this was just an off-month for me, but I'm not genuinely excited about anything in the bag. The highlight of the five products is the Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish, but I feel pretty "meh" about everything else. 


What did you get in your February Ipsy Bag?




Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links and referral codes.

6 comments

  1. You got your so early! Mine's not due in until next Tuesday.

    I also have to say, glass nail files used to send chills down my spine, it was so weird to use one. Now that I've been using them for many years, I could never go back to an emery board. My nails have gotten so strong from them. Keep it safe though, I've broken 3 in the past 5 years :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! I honestly thought I'd ordered an Ipsy Offer and forgot about it or something.

      That's good to know it'll be worth the discomfort. I'm already afraid of breaking mine D:

      Delete
  2. I was extremely disappointed in my bag this month. D: Everything I got is for dry skin, and I have super oily skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boo! Have you retaken your ipsy quiz?

      Delete