Ulta Haul - January 2016

 I hadn't ordered from Ulta in a good long while, I think my last order was in November, but when I saw a lot of the new drugstore items available for BOGO 50% I couldn't resist! I had hoped to post this haul sooner, but between waiting for one last product to show up, and a bit of a rough weekend, I had to put it off...and in that time I ended up placing another order! The good news is that I was able to sample most of these products, so I can offer some first impressions!

Before I move on to my thoughts on each product, I just want to point out that Ulta is getting stingier and stingier with their samples. Between two shipments, I only received two samples - they used to include a full three piece samples with each shipment. Not only that, but the samples I received were extremely small - a one time use Benefit Porefessional card, and some tiny packet of hair product that I was entirely disinterested in. I know they're free, so I don't really have much to complain about, but I used to get three awesome, multi-use samples with each order. I wonder why it changed.

Anyway, on to the products! All the prices listed are full price, but I got everything on sale except one product!

 Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color in Seduction - $9
I didn't intend on trying Revlon's Ultra HD Matte Lip Colors because I don't really like liquid lipsticks, but it seems like every other blogger is head over heels for Seduction, so I picked it up, and I love it too! This shade is beautiful, and the packaging is attractive too! 

Revlon 2-in-1 Compact Foundation + Concealer in Ivory - $15.99
I haven't tried a Revlon foundation in a long time, but I decided to pick this one up because I don't have a ton of experience with cream foundations. The foundation is light and feels blendable, I've only swatched it, but I think I'm going to like it. The shade Ivory is a good match for me, which surprised me because it looked so dark, but after I wiped away the top layer, it turned out to be much lighter.

Nivea Creme - .99c
This little tin of Nivea Creme wasn't actually part of my Ulta order, but a friend gifted it to me on the same day, so I included it anyway. She said this creme saves her dry hands, and its been working wonders on my eczema.
 Maybelline Brow Drama Pomade Crayon in Auburn - $9.99
I was really looking forward to this pomade crayon, but after trying it twice I'm not very impressed. The texture is smooth, but it clumps up in my thick brows. I also don't love the color, which isn't as reddish as I had hoped - its actually quite dark. 

Maybelline Prime+Smoothe MasterPrime Eye Primer - $8
One of the few products I haven't tried yet, I'm not sure I'm going to like this eye primer. The texture is pleasing, but it contains a ton of shimmer! I'm not sure how a frosty primer will work with non-shimmery shadows. We'll see I guess. 

Maybelline Brow Drama Pro Palette in Auburn - $12.99
I haven't used this brow palette yet either, but the swatches seem promising! These shades are just red enough without being orange-y, and the powders are so soft and pigmented. I'm curious to see how I'll like the wax as well. My only complaint is how big this palette is, its like 3x the size of the NYX brow kit, while holding the same amount of product and tools. 

Maybelline MasterPrecise Skinny Gel Pencil - $8
This eyeliner is TINY. The nib is so small - and so is the amount of product you get, there is practically nothing in this pencil! This liner is soft and very black. I've worn it once and experienced some smudging, but I wasn't sure if it was this liner, or if it was the new mascara I was trying. 
Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Scrub - $9.99
I bought this glycolic scrub in hopes that it would be a dupe, or at least similar to one of my favorite exfoliators, Exuviance's Triple Microdermabrasion Face Polish - which combines both physical and chemical exfoliation. Unfortunately, it isn't. This scrub is quite harsh and chunky, plus it has that grapefruit scent the Glycolic Fix Cleanser that I hated. I'm not sure if I'll like this, but I'll keep trying it. 

NYX Sculpt+Highlight Face Duo - $11.99
After one use, I already like this contour and highlight duo. Both products have a thin, blendable, concealer-like consistency that's easy to work with. The highlighting shade is pretty much the same color as my skin, but the contouring shade is perfect - neutral undertone and just the right color. You do need to use a lot of product per application though. 

Essence Make Me Brow Eyebrow Mascara in Blondy Brows - $2.99 
I've been lusting after Benefit's Gimme Brow since it's release, but I can't justify the price, so I picked up Essence's Make Me Brow, which is reportedly a close dupe. I've used this brow mascara twice and I already like it, it gives my already full brows texture and color without being too much. This taupe-y shade works well for my reddish brows.

NYX Cream Highlighter+Contour Palette in Light - $14.99 
This is the most disappointing product in my haul. This cream contour palette is much bigger than I expected it to be! Unfortunately, these products are quite waxy and difficult to even swatch - I have yet to try it on the face, and I'm hesitant to. What a shame, the colors are nice. 


Share your latest Ulta Haul in the comments!



Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes. This haul was gifted to me

1 comment

  1. I haven't gotten any recent ulta haul to share ;-;

    ReplyDelete