Ulta Haul - January 2016 pt.2 + Customer Service Kudos




My second Ulta order arrived yesterday. With the help of a 20% off coupon and a BOGO 50% offer on most of the products, I was able to pick up just about all of the new drugstore products I want to try or review. Seeing as these products arrived barely 30 hours ago, I haven't had the chance to truly try any of them, so this'll be a bit of a cut and dry haul. As always, the prices I list are full price, but I got almost everything on offer.

In my last Ulta haul, I commented on the decline in quality of samples, and I'd like to reiterate it. Once again, I received just two samples instead of three - a one time use Benefit Porefessional card and a small packet of Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer. I miss the good old days of three reasonable sized samples.

Also, I wanted to give Ulta a shout out on their customer service, which rarely if ever disappoints me! As you can probably see, one of my products arrived partially shattered. I reached out to Ulta's customer service department, and they responded and shipped me out a replacement within 3 hours. Fast, efficient, and friendly, Ulta has excellent customer service.

Anyway, on to what I picked up.

Maybelline Master Fix Wear Boosting Setting Spray - $12.99
It's awesome that setting sprays are finally becoming available at the drugstore....but the Master Fix Wear Boosting Setting Spray has already been available for over a year, in the form of L'Oreal's Infallible Makeup Extender Setting Spray. Ingredient for ingredient, they're the exact same product in the same packaging. Luckily I really like the L'Oreal setting spray, so it's good to have a "back up". 

Maybelline Master Fix Setting+Perfecting Loose Powder - $9.99
I've become a full on loose powder convert in the last year, I rarely use pressed powder anymore, so I'm quite interested in Maybelline's Master Fix powder, which is colorless and quite smooth - it seems promising! Packaging is also brilliant, as the sifter only has a couple holes, dispensing just a small amount of product at a time.

Maybelline Dream Velvet Soft Matte Foundation - $10.99
This moussey foundation has a nice texture, and it seems like it'll deliver medium coverage. I chose the lightest shade, Porcelain Ivory (10), which seems like a close enough match.

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Cheek Flush - $6.99
This little cream blusher has some of the ugliest and non-ergonomic packaging ever - it was a pain to photograph and it seems like it'll be hard to use. The Baby Skin Instant Cheek Flush has a silky formula and sheer but buildable pigmentation. 
L'Oreal Infallible Pro Contour Palette - $12.99
This is the product that arrived damaged - the highlighting shade is fairly crumbled, its actually worse than it shows in my photos - if I open the compact its quite a mess! This split pan powder is very soft and smooth, with medium pigmentation. I really love the shades in "Light" - the highlight is glowy but not shimmery, and the satin-matte contour shade is just the right tone.

L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion Foundation - $16.99
Cushion foundations are such a trend right now, and L'Oreal's True Match Lumi Cushion is one of the first in American drugstores. I love the regular True Match Lumi Foundation, so I think this will be a hit for me as well. Since W2 is slightly too dark for me in the regular liquid version, I picked up N2 and it seems like a nice match.

L'Oreal Colour Riche Mono Shadows - $5.99 each
I've heard incredible things about L'Oreal's Colour Riche Mono Shadows, so I picked up two in Pain Au Chocolate, a minky taupe, and Green Promenade, a deep teal. These shadows are exceptionally soft, almost creamy. Pigmentation isn't quite full on, but I think that may work in their favor.
Essence All About Chocolates Eyeshadow Palette - $4.99
I picked up the Essence All About Nude palette out of necessity in the fall of 2014, and I liked it but didn't quite love it. I came across the All About Chocolate palette while browsing some of Essence's new offerings, and was drawn in by the rich brown color scheme....which turned out to be much lighter and more taupe based in person. Disappointed, but I'll try it out regardless, as these are shades I tend to gravitate to.

Rimmel The Only One Lipstick in Peachy Beach - $6.99
I honestly don't go out of my way to try Rimmel products, in fact this is my first ever lipstick from the brand, but after seeing Jasmine from the Happy Sloths swatch the entire The Only One lipstick line, I knew I had to have a couple. I added two shades to my cart, but ended up with just one because it pushed me over budget. These gel lipticks are very pigmented and have a delicious watermelon scent and flavor.

Share your latest Ulta Haul in the comments!



Disclosure:
This post contains affiliated links/referral codes. This haul was gifted to me

Leave a Comment

  1. Well, I was set on trying the Maybelline setting spray, but since it's the exact same as the L'Oreal one, I'll pass. The Maybelline one is less expensive though, so once I use up the L'Oreal one, I'll pick up the Maybelline.

    Also, I'm glad that Ulta sent out a replacement so fast! That's some good customer service right there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should do that, there's like a $5 price difference! I'll be reviewing them at the same time soon, if there's somehow a difference I'll be sure to point it out.

      Ulta is always so wonderful to me. <3

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...